LS1GTO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 200 Posts
The tech is poorly understood by many and this accounts for the descrepencies in the modified / stock classes.

It is simple. Any modifications to the car puts it in the modified class.

Obviously you didn't really read the posts. It is pretty clear that you don't quite understand the root of our discontent. You also seem to be changing your opinion on the way Jon's car sounded. Funny that...

Did you drive it from Phoenix or did Dan deliver it to you? To me you car is nothing but a dealer special, a catalog entry. I expected it to take 1st or place high. It has Bling factor and the majority of the people there had no Idea that you simply bought it like that. Technicaly it is more "stock" than modified. Modified implies thought and work.. I heard the female half of your group (I am sorry but I don't know who is posting) comment that we were wasting our time detailing our cars because She was going to win. My issue with you isn't your car it was your wife/girlfriend most of all. I don't enjoy being talked down too. You bought everything you put on the pavement, including the detail, engineering and work that won the event. Then She talked crap about everyone around her that actualy worked on their cars and did the research to create them. You don't even understand the capabilities of your own car. You told me it would run low 11's. That Maggie (your Blower is a Magnison if you didn't know) is known to have serious problems with heat soak. After 1 run down the track it is so hot the HP levels drop near or below stock levels. 175 naked indeed. Did you put on tires rated to 175? It is a real good way to die if you have not. Oh well. I'm sure this is pointless by now. Search for information on the Maggie/magnacharger. Do a little poking around and use the site for the reasons it has been built. Learn a bit about the car and our little hobby. Some of what you bought is actualy nice. most of it not so nice. If you are happy with bling, enjoy your ride. If you really want to run 11's then pick up a Procharger and dump the maggie. there are a couple of good tuners down your way.

Not true

BowdawG said:
Umm, yeah, I believe he summed it up....

Umm, Eww... Plus you didn't even have the seatcovers till Friday.
Actually, had the covers shipped to AP. They put them on, then took them off, so they'd be new for the show. Remeber, Jeremy rode the car hard for 1750 miles from 4am Monday til his arrival noon Wednesday.

VuDuDr said:
Actually, had the covers shipped to AP. They put them on, then took them off, so they'd be new for the show. Remeber, Jeremy rode the car hard for 1750 miles from 4am Monday til his arrival noon Wednesday.
Yeah he was calling YOU out on the lie that you did 175 with them, which obviously you couldnt have thanks for proving our point; NEXT!

My apologies

GMH GTO said:
I find this rather asinine, are you trying to bring attention to yourself? :sneaky:

The complaint of 04/05 guys and classic owners, when did you introduce yourself? Were we supposed to own up to you? I checked out your car and was given a introverted cold shoulder, should I have expected this from a psychiatrist? :huh:

You made a comment of us polishing our cars, its not about a trophy, its a pride and passion I take in this car and my friends cars. I didn't go down to st. louis expecting a top 3, infact I thought I wouldn't be let in for being a holden badged GTO, just the opposite happend and I recived many positive comments.

Your comments when Jon started his car up (to MOVE it) its not a REAL gto. I then instructed Jon he shouldn't go to the level of cold engine revving we heard through most of the weekend; from your car. I told him to let the car idle for the time you put your show on, once the queen shut her down, Jon let out a cammed rip though the tail pipes. Once this happend you went back and started your car up again. :sneaky:

Theirs a few issues that have been ongoing with Dan Long/AP/Magnuson, perhaps you should search the board for these.

I'd suggest everyone think twice about posting in this thread if their isn't constructive content.
For any cold shoulder you think that you got from me. Certainly, it was not intended. Jokes about spending your life polishing are just that...jokes. I'm not wild about my wife starting the car cold and sending it to 6000 rpm. It happens. When anyone said, "Can you start it?", she was wild. Let her have some fun, huh? Did it rain on your parade? I never said to Jon, "Move it.". I liked Jon's car alot, it was killer. You need not tell me about Dan or AP, who do you think has been any closer to him/them than me?

I'll leave the rest to GTPprix. Ya'll can't claim jealousy on him, he didn't have a car in the show and is technicaly more compitent than most here. If you think he is spouting BS, Try and figure out what he does for living.. Hint.. Ron Conknocker Responds...

Try to remember that some of the experts on this site actualy are experts.....

VuDuDr said:
Where does "modified", or "stock" end? For example, K& K's car was modified (cam, etc.) but was in stock. It LOOKED stock? Doesn't that count? Our blower WAS "eye candy", and if there were other blown cars maybe the end would have been different? The yellow modified car next to us with the cam had a great sound, and looked like a drag car...cool. We "older" folks fainted at the blower, and some even liked the sheeps? Go figure? FYI, our car is a driver, not a "trailer queen", and has more miles on it already than many of yours (you proudly post your miles). In fact, our car was DRIVEN to the show from Phoenix! Technically, we should have won the "farthest drive"; we beat Tuscon? Do you want "appointed judges" that agree with YOUR point of view? Like it or not, we won the popular vote. So, blower, sheeps, whatever...we won. Its not about YOUR opinion, its about the group's opinion. Don't be a sore loser, just learn from the experience...
You are taking my post so far out of CONTEXT, i'm not talking about 2005 GTO nationals i'm talking about 2006 GTO nationals. I think FI cars should be exploited into their own compeition, I could care less if you're cars there. :thumbs:

And of course you misunderstood my trailer queen comment wasn't pointed toward you (how selfish of you to think so). What i'm saying the concours never driven cars may show well but lets see who can drag race and autocross well too. :thumbs: This is a class to give the car owner more control over a win, but they have to show well too.

Don't worry my vote will go to the "QUEEN" next year....... or not.

BTW my car 13,500 miles.

sxty8goats said:
I'll leave the rest to GTPprix.
I'm done. Like I said if I had not heard this stuff with my own ears (among hearing it from others) I would never have posted here, but calling Hammen a liar when I heard it too REALLY pissed me off.

/rant off.

I'm glad

sxty8goats said:
Ok here is how I saw the day/ week. Apart the fact that he actually spit in my face (an accident) and I took it graciously. This guy still treated us all like second class a-holes. For the record, I was the Red One. I did go over and talk to them on a few occasions. I seldom meet people who are more arrogant and self centered as these two were. They walked and talked like it was their show. Lets start with the cars

Their car. Ordered and Bought as is. There was no thought that went into it other than lets order an over priced, poorly designed car with a heat sink attached to the motor. Of course they did decide to toss in a set of "sheep skin" seat covers that even AP thought looked like poop. (Lucky for them they arrived Friday in time for the show)

Our Cars.. We bought our cars and started to customize them to make them our own. We have put our blood, sweat and money into these things to bring them up to our own vision of how this car should sound, feel and run. Each is different and each realizes a personal vision, not a catalog entry.

Their "Show" ... They showed up and parked their car. Called a detail guy and had them "detail" their car while they sat or walked or what ever they did. Then they sat by their car and bad mouthed our cars to our faces.

QUOTE:to DY

as they rev their BMW sounding exhaust. The only sweet thing was a 69 driving by, sounding like our cam'd cars, and tossing a rev at them as they did it. They didn't notice. These jabs hit all day long as they sat at their car begging votes from passer byes that didn't really care about our class. A Maggie looks good in the same way a dumb blond does. Pretty gets votes, it can't get the job done.

QOUTE TO ME

These people barley looked at any other car in the field.

Our "Show".. Our show began weeks in advance as we began detailing our cars to get ready for the Nats. I know one of the "Yellow Cars" spent about 3 days working on getting an exhaust done in time. I spent all my free time buffing, detailing and tearing down the car to clean all the nooks and crannies. Planned out a display and designed my display board. Set my car up in the garage to decide how it should look at the show. When we arrived we all went to work cleaning up the accumulated road dirt and grime. Detailed further and most importantly, Helped each other out getting our cars as clean and presentable as possible. Supplies were shared advice was given and labor was donated where needed. During the show we complemented each others cars to other enthusiasts, pointing out the finer points of the mods or a particularly nice touch to the display. There was no "Vote for me" crap going on from any other of the 30 plus cars in the 04'/05' line up.

Yes, we may have been cold to them after the awards banquet. It was not because they won. It was their attitude throughout the show. I am happy with my show and proud of my showing. I brought a solid car and showed it well. I was courteous and helpful to everyone I met. More so than many deserved. Once the show was over I had no obligation to play nice. I only had time and energy to play with friends..
B.B.F.M. that you have alot of time to work on your car. I don't. I have to "manage". Hours on the phone with AP, Dan, Jim Hobson, whoever, to get things done. Finding parts. Helping AP design. Is Joe Gibbs any less of a guy because he doesn't change his own spark plugs? Give me a break. We marketed our car. We started it when someone wanted, we told them about it...I guess you could call us enthusiasts? There was no harm intended to anyone, and, yes, we looked over every car in every class. I was happy to give a local 18yo $$ for his college fund to help us. Good for him...a go-getter. Maybe you thought enthusiasm and happiness were aloofness and arrogance? Not my problem. We tried to enjoy the show, share with others and have a good time. Maybe you should too?

VuDuDr said:
B.B.F.M. that you have alot of time to work on your car.
B. Bigger
B. Better
F. Faster
M. More

It is just what we all want. :D Everyone needs a credo. I'm not sure what you thought it meant.

VuDuDr said:
The 11s were run at GNV raceway, back in Jan. '05, before AP took the car back for more stuff in March. I expect it would go high 10s, with slicks, open headers, and a better driver than me (maybe you?).
OMG don't kid yourself, 1/8th. mile maybe........ :rolleyes: Why don't you post a dyno run from that car, do a couple pulls and tell us what horsepower you end up with after 3 or 4 pulls back to back.

Well, thanks

sxty8goats said:
The tech is poorly understood by many and this accounts for the descrepencies in the modified / stock classes.

It is simple. Any modifications to the car puts it in the modified class.

Obviously you didn't really read the posts. It is pretty clear that you don't quite understand the root of our discontent. You also seem to be changing your opinion on the way Jon's car sounded. Funny that...

Did you drive it from Phoenix or did Dan deliver it to you? To me you car is nothing but a dealer special, a catalog entry. I expected it to take 1st or place high. It has Bling factor and the majority of the people there had no Idea that you simply bought it like that. Technicaly it is more "stock" than modified. Modified implies thought and work.. I heard the female half of your group (I am sorry but I don't know who is posting) comment that we were wasting our time detailing our cars because She was going to win. My issue with you isn't your car it was your wife/girlfriend most of all. I don't enjoy being talked down too. You bought everything you put on the pavement, including the detail, engineering and work that won the event. Then She talked crap about everyone around her that actualy worked on their cars and did the research to create them. You don't even understand the capabilities of your own car. You told me it would run low 11's. That Maggie (your Blower is a Magnison if you didn't know) is known to have serious problems with heat soak. After 1 run down the track it is so hot the HP levels drop near or below stock levels. 175 naked indeed. Did you put on tires rated to 175? It is a real good way to die if you have not. Oh well. I'm sure this is pointless by now. Search for information on the Maggie/magnacharger. Do a little poking around and use the site for the reasons it has been built. Learn a bit about the car and our little hobby. Some of what you bought is actualy nice. most of it not so nice. If you are happy with bling, enjoy your ride. If you really want to run 11's then pick up a Procharger and dump the maggie. there are a couple of good tuners down your way.
At least you've stopped crapping on the car and now you're crapping on my wife. The car has been to 175mph, a dangerous and silly stunt that I did alone on I75 between TPA and OCA back in Jan. I'm aware of all that you're saying. I paid, and managed, to have built the best car that I could. Its not perfect, but its obviously popular, and I'm sure that there are, and will be, better. Its a bling, yup. Well, I guess thats what the crowd likes? There are great tuners down my way. Don Garlits lives in my town. I know him from charity functions. I hope that he can point me right. We'll see.

VuDuDr said:
I was happy to give a local 18yo $$ for his college fund to help us. Good for him...a go-getter. Maybe you thought enthusiasm and happiness were aloofness and arrogance? Not my problem. We tried to enjoy the show, share with others and have a good time. Maybe you should too?
Honestly it was the female half of your group that really got under all of our skin. And it wasn't untill the last day of show that she really showed her colors. Before that she was just a little anoying. You for the most part were an ok guy. But, ordering from a catalog and hiring out all the work involved doesn't a good show make. I knew before I was told that you were either a doctor or a teacher from your attitude. Since you hadn't told me you were a teacher by the second conversation I had guessed Dentist. Guess I was close.

VuDuDr said:
We tried to enjoy the show, share with others and have a good time. Maybe you should too?
Trust me I enjoyed the show, infact your groups list of quotes keep us in histarics for little while, its was worth a giggle, come now mate.

It just shows how big of an ego someone has have to think our posts are cause of Jelousy? I went down there expecting no recognition, what-so-ever; the fact I recived a compliment or two made my weekend.

Right

sxty8goats said:
Honestly it was the female half of your group that really got under all of our skin. And it wasn't untill the last day of show that she really showed her colors. Before that she was just a little anoying. You for the most part were an ok guy. But, ordering from a catalog and hiring out all the work involved doesn't a good show make. I knew before I was told that you were either a doctor or a teacher from your attitude. Since you hadn't told me you were a teacher by the second conversation I had guessed Dentist. Guess I was close.
Sometimes her enthusiasm is a little over the top. What can I say? She is an excitable, and obviously competeitive, gal. Give her a break, ok?

VuDuDr said:
I'll be happy to when I can. Will you believe them?
So you're car hasn't been dynoed yet? :judge: oh you're in for a suprise. How much horsepower you think it takes to run 10.90? Trust me the magnacharger isn't a twin screw top fuel dragster blower.

No ConeSS said:
AAHHH!!! Where was that when I wanted it an hour ago????
Here's some more.

I wasn't there, but it does look to me like VuDu is trying to mend fences. Why not give him a chance? It would be different if he came here talking trash, but it doesn't seem that way to me.

Padre

Ok I think this is done.

Lessons learned here kiddies:

1. Dont talk shit about other peoples cars at car shows and expect them to be nice to you afterward.

2. If you are going to blatantly lie about your car, make sure YOU know WTF you are talking about or the people that you are talking to dont.

3. This one goes with #2, if you are going to lie, make sure you dont continue the lies on an enthusiast message forum where people actually know WTF they are talking about; bad idea in general.

4. It's Jim HOPSON if you are going to name drop, at least have the decency to spell the mans name correctly!

5. Magnacharged cars do NOT run low 11's on street tires out of the box.

6. Sheepskin is for sheep (duh!)

7. Don't almost hit DY's car.

8. Dont call people liars when multiple people heard things.

Edit: oh and Padre, he (or his wife) talked WAY more than enough shit at the show (trust me!)

181 - 200 of 200 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.