LS1GTO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 200 Posts
I like fur, just not on my seats! :p

I wish I'd have been able to have gotten down there sooner and actually showed the car, but Susie had a blast and her tiger ears were a hit with everyone. She's also learning GTO lingo and fell in love with Midnight Blue Metallic. Oh well, we still had fun even though we got in at midnight Friday/Saturday and then left Sunday morning.

sxty8goats said:
And that reminds me, congradulations go out to John Delore's daughter, Roxeanna, for winning the coloring contest.. :p
Roksolana says thank you even though she didn't hear you when she won 1st place for her age group. She is also excited that you mentioned her name here on the site.
It was a pleasure to meet everyone in person and to see so many entries in the show. Weather was kind. A good time was had by all. Hope to see everyone next year in Louisville.

Where the fook are the pictures when you guys got into PJ's car. I wanted to see these all weekend but mum was the word.

theamcguy said:
Having returned from the GTOAA Nats this is what I saw and hope to correct in the future. I talked to the President and Concours Chairman and hope to have 6 Popular vote classes next year in Louisville 04. 05, & 06, Stock & Modified.
No complaints from me, I wish the class grouping area had been set up before everyone parked their cars. Saturday morning I walked out to my car one eyeing it from lack of sleep to have to get into a frenzy of moving cars :rolleyes: We didn't have enough parking spots, so we politely asked one of the stock classed cars to move to the large open areas and were told to screw ourself :rolleyes: So we moved a car on the end and the guy who was on the end was a little tempered, sorry its wasn't the car owners fault. One car in class 27 was all the way back at the other end of the parking lot throughout voting.

I don't think giving awards for each year is the best step, I think 04-06 stock 04-06 modified and 04-06 modified forced induction is the way to level out the recognition and exploit the competition.

The FI cars will continue to sweep the top 3 in the comming years if no changes are made, I can garentee next year their will be more then 2 FI cars at the nats, I can put money on it. Their was classes from other years I saw, some with only 1 car in them.

John Delore said:
Roksolana says thank you even though she didn't hear you when she won 1st place for her age group. She is also excited that you mentioned her name here on the site.
It was a pleasure to meet everyone in person and to see so many entries in the show. Weather was kind. A good time was had by all. Hope to see everyone next year in Louisville.

I was a little fuzzy on the spelling, Hope she wasn't offended. :D See you next year.

CMNTMXR57 said:
Where the fook are the pictures when you guys got into PJ's car. I wanted to see these all weekend but mum was the word.
I think they were in Holeshots album. Funny stuff.

GMH GTO said:
The FI cars will continue to sweep the top 3 in the comming years if no changes are made, I can garentee next year their will be more then 2 FI cars at the nats, I can put money on it. Their was classes from other years I saw, some with only 1 car in them.
Were there two FI cars this year? I only saw half of one (FI for one run barley counts..)

GMH GTO said:
No complaints from me, I wish the class grouping area had been set up before everyone parked their cars. Saturday morning I walked out to my car one eyeing it from lack of sleep to have to get into a frenzy of moving cars :rolleyes: We didn't have enough parking spots, so we politely asked one of the stock classed cars to move to the large open areas and were told to screw ourself :rolleyes: So we moved a car on the end and the guy who was on the end was a little tempered, sorry its wasn't the car owners fault. One car in class 27 was all the way back at the other end of the parking lot throughout voting.

Ooops sorry about that but that was my car and my wife. Here is what happened. Friday night they changed the lot. I came out early and I was now at the edge of class 26/27 (when I went to bed I was in the middle of class 26). Class 27 (04 05 Modified) actually continued up the row and continued on to the row behind us (to the left) but I believe some older GTOs had parked in those spots(although I believe I saw a few open). My wife does not drive a manual, I had the key, and was busy as all get out judging cars. We started at 8am and were supposed to be done by 2pm but finished at almost 4pm. By the time I found out it was like almost 2pm when I brought her some water. Honest mistake.

As far as the classes go one thing to consider is the growth of the 04-06 GTO class. In 04 there were 6 cars this year 30+ and for the next few years this will grow. I can see 50 cars at next years meet and that becomes unwieldy for people to remember and select a car to vote for, especially when you have 30+ classes vote for. The other thing to keep in mind is the modified classes will be the largest as most people will make at least one mod to their car. By breaking it down by years and separating stock & modified it gives not only the participants more chance at recognition, but it makes it easier on the voters as it gives them fewer cars to compare. There were alot of nice cars in class 26 & 27 and selecting one was difficult with so many to compare to. These classes will become huge in the coming years and when the car hits the used car market it will really get even bigger. It is best to figure out now how to break out the classes IAW GTOAA already established rules and the breakout seems to be by year then stock & modified. If you checked out some of the other GTOAA classes they had some of the more popular model years broken down by hardtop stock & modified and then covertible stock & modified and they even had a separate class for 1970-71 Judges in addition to separate classes for 1970 hardtops & convertibles as well as stock & modified. GTOAA seems to like to break the classes down as much as possible to give the participants as much recognition as possible as well as making it easier on the voters. The same should be done for the 04-06s.

sxty8goats said:
Were there two FI cars this year? I only saw half of one (FI for one run barley counts..)
Read it again PJ, their will be more then 2 maybe 3 or 4 supercharged or turbo fed GTOs at the nats next year, I could put money on that. If they arn't seperated from modified cars somehow the FI cars will be 1,2 and 3. The blower is eye candy as we saw this year. Perhaps go along with stock and modified classes for each year but add a 04-06 GTO FI class, even if their is only one FI car, which will be very unlikely.

Perhaps another award for 04-06 GTO best of show, which could be a combination of show votes, drag racing and autocross results. Instead of popular vote have a group of appointed judges who vote in this class. This way a trailer queen doesn't get all the recognition, it values the car in all aspects.

I concur. I think there needs to be more breakout in our class. I think they just presume that we're all stock yet as we're soo new, so they see a blower on top of one car and they wet their Hanes.

theamcguy said:
Ooops sorry about that but that was my car and my wife.
Your wife was actually very pleasant to me, I had the car next to her as you knew. It wasn't her fault what happend, just hope next year we don't have to play musical chairs on the last day.

Discussion starter · #154 ·
Thanks

Holeshot said:
Holy Crap!!! I forgot to congratulate Playdough on his trophy. First place Stock 04/05 :thumbs: :thumbs: Love that color :hail: Great job!!!! :hail:
Thanks a bunch. We had a great time meeting everyone and hanging out. We will definately be in Louisville, considering it's only a 2 hour drive for us. It's nice to put a face with a screen name now.

Again, it was great meeting everyone and hope to see everyone again soon. If anyone is ever in the Indianapolis area, let us know and we will get together and hang out.

Keygan

Hey Keygan what did you polish your wifes car with? It was a nice finish on it not one hologram or swirl mark. Congrads on the award:)

Ditto on what Fraiser said, Looked great.. you two worked your asses off on that one. Congrats..

Discussion starter · #158 ·
GMH GTO said:
Hey Keygan what did you polish your wifes car with? It was a nice finish on it not one hologram or swirl mark. Congrads on the award:)
its Zaino...Started with a Dawn wash then Z18 Claybar then another Dawn Wash 1 coat of Z1 then it has 2 Coats of Z5 4 coats of Z2 and keep it touched up with Z6 and washed with Z7 .

Hey, I blast hanging out and meeting everybody. I'm looking forward to going to Louisville next year. Too bad I had to leave early on Saturday-sounds like I missed out on a good time. Congrats to Keygan-I know you guys worked hard and the win was well deserved IMO.

Chad

141 - 160 of 200 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.