LS1GTO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 200 Posts
You know what the most disapointing thing about VuDuDr's little rant is? They never came back to see what we had to say. They might have learned something. Oh well. Maybe they will pop in a month from now and tell me to go fly my RC planes.. :p

You are a liar

RobertHammen said:
As soon as I saw that thing, I knew it would win the votes of the "classic" GTO owners. There's no accounting for taste (just look at Mustang sales, for example).

The kicker was that the owners were making smart-assed comments about other '04-'05 GTO owners and their cars, including DY and PJ. Not cool, not cool at all, and definitely stupid to make comments like that near the people they are bashing.

Folks who have to tear somebody down to build themselves up really are screwed up...
We never said anything bad about any other car? We complimented every car about something that they had (and they all did) that we liked? You are simply a liar. Too bad, so sad...

I'm here

sxty8goats said:
You know what the most disapointing thing about VuDuDr's little rant is? They never came back to see what we had to say. They might have learned something. Oh well. Maybe they will pop in a month from now and tell me to go fly my RC planes.. :p
And I'm reading the postings now and responding. I didn't rant, I told it like it is. Maybe YOU can learn something? Go fly your RC planes...

Its OK!

GMH GTO said:
Your wife was actually very pleasant to me, I had the car next to her as you knew. It wasn't her fault what happend, just hope next year we don't have to play musical chairs on the last day.
You know, we didn't mind the musical chairs on the last day. In the end I think that it worked to our advantage. I did miss being next to K & K though...they were very nice.

VuDuDr said:
We never said anything bad about any other car? We complimented every car about something that they had (and they all did) that we liked? You are simply a liar. Too bad, so sad...

That is absolute pure Grade A 110% bullshit, at *LEAST* 5 of us heard you talking down about numerous cars on multiple occasions; read the thread. You werent as stealthy with your wisecracking bullshit as you oringally thought eh?

BTW: I *love* how you call Hammen a liar, yet you blatently lied on MANY occasions at the show and HERE! Need examples you say?

1. Saying you've been 175 (naked no less) with the sheepskin covers, you forget the fact we KNOW they were delivered to you at the show.

2. You told numerous people your car runs low 11's? Off a cliff or being towed by a Top Fuel car maybe.

I'm in agreement

GMH GTO said:
Read it again PJ, their will be more then 2 maybe 3 or 4 supercharged or turbo fed GTOs at the nats next year, I could put money on that. If they arn't seperated from modified cars somehow the FI cars will be 1,2 and 3. The blower is eye candy as we saw this year. Perhaps go along with stock and modified classes for each year but add a 04-06 GTO FI class, even if their is only one FI car, which will be very unlikely.

Perhaps another award for 04-06 GTO best of show, which could be a combination of show votes, drag racing and autocross results. Instead of popular vote have a group of appointed judges who vote in this class. This way a trailer queen doesn't get all the recognition, it values the car in all aspects.
Where does "modified", or "stock" end? For example, K& K's car was modified (cam, etc.) but was in stock. It LOOKED stock? Doesn't that count? Our blower WAS "eye candy", and if there were other blown cars maybe the end would have been different? The yellow modified car next to us with the cam had a great sound, and looked like a drag car...cool. We "older" folks fainted at the blower, and some even liked the sheeps? Go figure? FYI, our car is a driver, not a "trailer queen", and has more miles on it already than many of yours (you proudly post your miles). In fact, our car was DRIVEN to the show from Phoenix! Technically, we should have won the "farthest drive"; we beat Tuscon? Do you want "appointed judges" that agree with YOUR point of view? Like it or not, we won the popular vote. So, blower, sheeps, whatever...we won. Its not about YOUR opinion, its about the group's opinion. Don't be a sore loser, just learn from the experience...

VuDuDr said:
In fact, our car was DRIVEN to the show from Phoenix! Technically, we should have won the "farthest drive"; we beat Tuscon? Don't be a sore loser, just learn from the experience...
First off, it was DELIVERED, so it would have won longest delivery if there was such an category. Next it's not we are sore loosers, its you were a flagrant asshole and we are calling you out on it, there is quite a difference. Ever wonder why your pompus ass wasnt welcome that night when we were all drinking? It's because when the rest of us had put our trophies away you decide to show up and sit down with the trophy proudly on your lap as to say "look at me we are better than you" just as you were saying the whole show behind our backs (which apparently you didnt think we would hear?!)

Granted

GTPprix said:
That is absolute pure Grade A 110% bullshit, at *LEAST* 5 of us heard you talking down about numerous cars on multiple occasions; read the thread. You werent as stealthy with your wisecracking bullshit as you oringally thought eh?

BTW: I *love* how you call Hammen a liar, yet you blatently lied on MANY occasions at the show and HERE! Need examples you say?

1. Saying you've been 175 (naked no less) with the sheepskin covers, you forget the fact we KNOW they were delivered to you at the show.

2. You told numerous people your car runs low 11's? Off a cliff or being towed by a Top Fuel car maybe.
Chris: I grant you the bullshit. Noted. However, truly, I NEVER spoke badly about ANY of the other cars. Thats just simply not true, and anyone who says so IS a liar, or at best, mis-informed. Thats how it is.

Btw

VuDuDr said:
Chris: I grant you the bullshit. Noted. However, truly, I NEVER spoke badly about ANY of the other cars. Thats just simply not true, and anyone who says so IS a liar, or at best, mis-informed. Thats how it is.
The 11s were run at GNV raceway, back in Jan. '05, before AP took the car back for more stuff in March. I expect it would go high 10s, with slicks, open headers, and a better driver than me (maybe you?).

VuDuDr said:
The 11s were run at GNV raceway, back in Jan. '05, before AP took the car back for more stuff in March. I expect it would go high 10s, with slicks, open headers, and a better driver than me (maybe you?).
Wow now it's REALLY starting to get deep in here, while the old guys at car shows may buy this shit, people here who have a clue wont. I'd quit while your ahead; you are on an expedited course to get banned from here.

:punch: :slap: :bunny:
(I was looking for a popcorn-eating smily, but I will have to live with these.)

PS... VuDu, I wasn't around when whatever was or wasn't said, but I think you have a nice looking car. I'm glad I got to see many of the AP products in person, actually installed on a vehicle so I now know what they look like for real, not just on a computer screen.

Back to lurking :secret:

Wrong again

GTPprix said:
First off, it was DELIVERED, so it would have won longest delivery if there was such an category. Next it's not we are sore loosers, its you were a flagrant asshole and we are calling you out on it, there is quite a difference. Ever wonder why your pompus ass wasnt welcome that night when we were all drinking? It's because when the rest of us had put our trophies away you decide to show up and sit down with the trophy proudly on your lap as to say "look at me we are better than you" just as you were saying the whole show behind our backs (which apparently you didnt think we would hear?!)
We walked directly out of the hotel to your group. We hadn't been back to our room to put the trophy down. We meant to rub nothing in anyone's face. We were simply trying to socialize, to share compliments and ideas. Any idea that we were pompous came out of your head, not reality. If you thought that somehow we were saying, "I'm better than you", then you are wrong. Can we call it a misunderstanding? Honestly, we only wanted to socialize and swap ideas with other owners. We won...WOO-HOO! We were happy! You want to just crap all over us because of that? Our car wasn't trailered. It was driven from PHX. Two days, 1750 miles. We washed it and put it in the show. Then we drove it home, another two days. No trailer queen. Why do you insist on crapping on us?

Thank you

No ConeSS said:
:punch: :slap: :bunny:
(I was looking for a popcorn-eating smily, but I will have to live with these.)

PS... VuDu, I wasn't around when whatever was or wasn't said, but I think you have a nice looking car. I'm glad I got to see many of the AP products in person, actually installed on a vehicle so I now know what they look like for real, not just on a computer screen.

Back to lurking :secret:
I appreciate that. We love the car and were happy and proud to show it off. I'm glad that we could showcase AP products. There was nothing more in it than we were happy to be there, have a car, show it off, and luckily win the popular vote.

VuDuDr said:
Why do you insist on crapping on us?
Well I think it's pretty simple actually but since it's apparently hard to comprehend I'll lay it out here:

1. You lied about numerous things about your car to numerous people at the show and on here, it's blatantly obvious to anyone reading this thread.

2. You/Your wife said many nasty things about other GTO owners vehicles as they were prepping thier cars/moving them. As much as you'd like to try and lie this one away it's not going to work, too many of us heard you first hand, sorry. Then rather than admit you were talking crap you call Robert a liar?! WTF is wrong with you people?

3. You were just generally a pompus ass at the show, the "Well it doesnt matter, this ones the queen shes gonna win" as well as the "Thats not what a real GTO sounds like" as Jon was MOVING his car commentary from your wife really sealed the deal. You can try and argue this till your blue in the face, but too many of us heard you.

So I guess in the future if you are going to talk shit about other owners at a show, then try and act all buddy buddy with them; MAKE SURE THEY DONT HEAR YOU!

GTPprix said:
You told numerous people your car runs low 11's
Yeah......that was funny.

I'll only chime in with this. During the few days that I was there, I watched everyone in the 04/05 catagory. Just people-watching.....you know how it goes. Most people were super nice, some were kinda nice......but these people made a special impression on me. The first interaction I had was with the Doc.......Nice guy....liked the cars. Took compliments as well as he gave them......Kinda vaguely remember meeting the wife (wife/girlfriend?....I never knew for sure)....she seemed to be a little catty, but I blew it off, cause it didn't really matter. I started to notice how she was trying to campaign for votes...."vote for us, OK?" .......revving the engine for everyone...he he.....I realized that their priority was winning the show, not making new friends. Again, big deal, I don't care. Different people have different priorities....yada, yada.....

Then the day of the show....as you read above with the getting pissy about Jon starting his engine and the "nice" comments. That started to piss me off, but I dropped it. Not worth saying anything about it, I thought. After the show was over.....and everyone recieved their awards....I happened to be hanging by the door to the banquet room, and over heard them talking smack about how some of us had wasted our time polishing the cars cause they had it in the bag the whole time. It was everything I could do not to open up a Texas size ass-whoopin' on him right there right in the middle of the awards ceremony. If I didn't feel like it would have cast a negitive image on Jon and the rest of the late model GTO owners, I wouldn't have hesitated, even with one broken arm.......I had to just walk out of the building. LOL...Im getting pissed off again just thinking about it..... :gr_jest: After some cooling off time, I have come to realize that it doesn't really matter. And I realize that not everyone from Ocala is a tool ( ;) love ya, DB)........it is what it is and I'm not going to waste any more of my energy being mad at shallow people. I met ALOT of GREAT people......PJ, Matador, Son of gto, Dmitry, Jon, Fraser, Dan, Hammen, Ryan, taternuts and Thanatos, Lane and Susie, No Kid, John.........the freakin list just goes on and onh.....I'll never be able to list everyone......

That more than makes up for some insignificant BS in my opinion.

100%

craigffb said:
It still makes me laugh that the old school guys would hate on the new GTOs, after all every Pontiac GTO ever made was something else already in the Pontiac line up with a different motor (some times) and re-badged. The Tempest, LaMans, and heck even a sorry Ventura. OK so the new GTO is a Holden, still don't see any difference. I guess they hate the fact that these new cars would lay the smack down (I would venture to say) on any GTO ever made stock vs. stock. I had old Muscle cars in High School, a 66 drop top 442, 69 396/375HP SS Nova, 71 LeMans with a 350 and Factory Ram Air hood, and a 73 Grand Prix with a 400. Yes the were all cool and yes I wish I still had any of them. But I didn't want an old car. I like FI cars much better and it's been way to long since I work on a carbureted car. ;)
Craig: I agree with you. As an older guy, I can tell you that there once was a similar debate between the 66-67, and 68-69 GTOs. Which were the better ones? The '66 tripower? The '69 Judge? Now, jump forward 35 years...are the '04/5s better? The "classics?? Its still the same debate! Actually, I think the '74s are hot. Did Chevy ever make an SS454 Nova? In effect, isn't that what a well modified '74 is?

161 - 180 of 200 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.