LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I noticed that the weather stripping across the entire top side of the rear window is GONE. Stripped completely out. It was there yesterday when I washed the car, but gone this morning.

I took a road trip last night that involved some interstate driving. Granted, I drove a little fast in places, but not "Warp 9." I can't believe the weather stripping just blew out.

And I can't believe a vandal would have come along and just pulled the weather stripping out. If someone did, well, thanks for not running your key down the side, but... huh?

Obviously it's a warranty repair and I'll call my dealer first thing Monday. But what a bizarre thing to happen!

·
3,327 Posts
I know that I have seen loose weather stripping on Brian's GTO, but this is the first I have heard of it being gone. Have you driven your car 120+?

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Warren said:
Have you driven your car 120+?
Yes. This won't void the warranty, will it??

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
Make sure they install the high speed weather stripping. Z rated I believe.
Oh, forget it, that's for tires. LOLOLOLOLOL
good one :gr_jest:

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update

Took the GTO by the dealer's this morning. Conclusion was, weather stripping was loose initially, then blew out during high speed driving. The dealer was totally cool about it, but they had to order the part. Next update when the part arrives and gets installed. Thanks.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
FLORIT said:
Took the GTO by the dealer's this morning. Conclusion was, weather stripping was loose initially, then blew out during high speed driving. The dealer was totally cool about it, but they had to order the part. Next update when the part arrives and gets installed. Thanks.
thats good news. i was half expecting you to say that dealer would not warranty the work due to obvious high speed driving.

·
Damn, this car is fun!!
61 Posts
I know how you feel, the very first day I had my GTO on the highway the front psssanger side blew completly out and just was hanging down on the window! The next day I went to the dealership to have them fix it. They replaced it but it didnt solve the problem so I just used a small bead of silicone all the way around the window to hold it in place and have not had the problem since!!

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Mine had been lifting in spots. It seemed like every other time I drove the car (even when I wasn't driving fast.LOL)I had to get out and push the stripping back into it's little slot. I don't know what changed, but all of the sudden it stopped doing it about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I took my car through an automatic carwash and it pulled the weather-stripping out. Took it to the dealer and they had a guy come in to repair (re-glue) it. He must have been the stupidest guy in the world cause he effed it up so bad, I had to come back the next week to get a new windsheild installed. Also, while "stupid guy" was working on the car, he accidentally cut the paint with a razor blade (Did I mention that he has to be the stupidest person in the world?). Now, I have to take the car back again to have the cut repaired.

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
Make sure they install the high speed weather stripping. Z rated I believe.
Oh, forget it, that's for tires. LOLOLOLOLOL
And for string. I've had high-speed string holding my trunk-lid down for the last two months...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Probably the same guy in the factory responsible for aiming the headligts :p

Don't forget to have the dealer to install the high performance blinker fluid too, you need it for higher speeds :gr_jest:

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
powrtrippin said:
I took my car through an automatic carwash and it pulled the weather-stripping out. Took it to the dealer and they had a guy come in to repair (re-glue) it. He must have been the stupidest guy in the world cause he effed it up so bad, I had to come back the next week to get a new windsheild installed. Also, while "stupid guy" was working on the car, he accidentally cut the paint with a razor blade (Did I mention that he has to be the stupidest person in the world?). Now, I have to take the car back again to have the cut repaired.
Carwash! :slap: :slap:
Stay away from those unless you like marks in your paint.

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
And don't forget...

Thanatos said:
Blinker fluid? Damn another thing I'm going to have to check.....
...the new turn signal bearings. :eek2:

Diggs

·
Gone but not forgotten
378 Posts
Wowsers

powrtrippin said:
Would you mind giving us the name of the dealership that forked your car up?

I'd like to avoid it, if at all possible.

Diggs

·
miss g
175 Posts
Our Impulse had the weather stripping on the passenger's side of the windshield come loose....dealership re-glued it then put masking tape over it. Damn tape residue was a BIZZNATCH to get off of the paint!

Haven't had any problems w/ the Cosmos, yet.....*knock on wood* :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts