LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Hi hawkster – Apologies for jumping into your conversation, but I work at Webasto and really want to encourage you to get your sunroof fixed. I am happy to help you navigate the process so it is not too inconvenient. Please contact me directly at [email protected]. Or, you can file a claim on our website www.sunroofcheck.com or via phone, 1.888.749.8632.

Sincerely,
Mike Bacon
Business Development Manager
Webasto Product North America
I just used the website to file my claim.

·
other kids were doing it.....
2,077 Posts
Mine was a number starting 66303xxx so I must be safe.

·
Hybrid-Burns gas and rubber
730 Posts
filed my claim the very beginning of may and still waiting to hear back?

·
Colts fan
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It will be longer than 4-7 weeks. I filed a claim immediately and got my sunroof replaced last month. Took about 6 months.

just called and they are backordered on the glass panels, so looks like 4-7 weeks.

Mike P
Thats about what it took to do mine as well.

Replacement of the sunroof (glass Panel) took 1 hour at most.
That sucks. I havent heard anything yet so hopefully I am good.

I had mine replaced last month and now it recalled again.. ha ha. So if you had your recall done already, there is a chance you might be getting another call from Webasto.
It takes awhile. The place that did mine said they only have one person that does the sunroof recalls in between installing new sunroofs.

filed my claim the very beginning of may and still waiting to hear back?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Got my glass replaced yesterday after 2 wong size replacements being shipped to the installer. ... a word of advice, once you select a installer when you submit the claim .. call the installer and let the them deal with the factory making the glass so that they get the right replacement part shipped. They can get it shipped overnight also.

·
Hybrid-Burns gas and rubber
730 Posts
fixed 3 weeks ago...fit n finish is good...no complaints

·
Mustang Terminator
86 Posts
I was hesitant at first to get it replaced but Skip from Skip's Sunroofs did a fantastic job. He even solved my Discovery 2 Sunroof leaks afterwards. Very happy camper right now.

·
No Miata No Miata No Miata :(
6,752 Posts
I know its been quite some time since this was a big issue or was really front of mind, but it happens to be the first time ive seen it. I called today to see if there was a timeframe that expired in regards to getting this replaced under the recall and the lady I spoke to from their recall department was fantastic. She said there is no timeframe and they will continue to replace these until they are all done. She was very helpful and happy to help. Not sounding irritated at all (which is a welcome change).

Im not sure if any of the pevious owners of my car(which there were many) ever got it done and ill go grab the serial number tomorrow to verify, but its really nice to see they are still helpful years later.

Just thought id share my experience.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just got mine done. Put in the Claim Monday and received a call the very next day! I scheduled the appointment for today and the whole process took about an hour. So happy I got this done, huge improvement and no more stupid wind noise :mullet:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Even though a purist, I really really liked the look of these sunroofs when they were first introduced...Had often thought about getting one installed but could never muster up the courage to do so...That said, it would have been a really nice look and I'm sure would have made the summers more enjoyable...Sorry to hear about the recall...

21 - 32 of 32 Posts