LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Loyd @ SNL Performance
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see in the flyer that comes with the GTO that the weight is 3665 pounds 'ish. What are the weights of the respecitive LS1/LS6 vehichles?
ie Firebird, Camaro, Corvette, GTO. You also see curb weight and dry? I guess this means with no fluids?! why would you care about that uless they ship dry and its for the delivery fee.... Just trying to get a handle on HP per Pound for each of these cars...

BTW did everyone get the Metalic Flyer that costs the dealers 12 bucks a peice, I could only get one after I bought it... funny that its supposed to be advertising and yet you cant get it till after you have made the purchase!

·
Registered
349 Posts
When I was at an autocross event at Rockingham a couple weeks ago, the scales for the dragstrip were open. My car weighed 3740 without me and 3910 with me in it. It appeared to round to the nearest 5 pounds. Since my bathroom scale puts me between 165 and 170, that seems pretty accurate. Weight-wise, the car is bone stock and the gas tank was about 3/4 full if I remember correctly.

·
Loyd @ SNL Performance
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if gas weight roughly what water does @ 3/4 of an 18 gallon tank your car had 108 pounds of fuel in it, That would be aprox 3632. The weight in the flyer must be pretty close. 3632/350 HP would be 10.377LBS/HP Not too shabby ;)

I think the Camaro weight must be somewhere around 3435 pounds according to the CarCraft/HotRot Magazine's "Study Haul part II" article.

So we weigh around 200 pounds more than the Camaro

But what about the Trans AM ? Hmmmm

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
A4 with me in it, I tipped the scales at 3865 (and I'm pretty thin) - nothing removed, about a 1/3rd a tank of gas.

Padre

·
Registered
171 Posts
Those numbers seem about right. Mine with A4 was 4000# with me in it and just over half a tank of gas. I'm about 240#. I'm guessing about 60 pounds of fuel, 10 gal @ 6# per, so that's about 3700 just for the car. All totalled that's quite a load to get moving. I haven't weighed my '70 yet, but I don't think it will be any heavier...

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
DFWGTO said:
That with all your mods, DANG! your car must be quick...
:) Yep. The car is going on a diet this week and I'm putting on drag radials. Weather permitting, I'm finally going to get some 1/4 mile numbers for this beast. Here are a couple of vids: 1/8th mile run and street races in El Paso.

Oh, and T.Vick, can I have your '70? ;) :cool:

Padre

·
SOLD-04 & 06 Torrid Red GTO's
408 Posts
I pulled this from a post I made a few months ago after I weighed the car on four-pad professional race scales...

"Bone stock, 3/4-tank gas, nothing else...

LF=996
RF=1076
LR=887
RR=799

Total 3758 without me, 55%/45% weight distribution front to rear as advertised. A bit lighter than I have read and heard. My 01 Formula (loaded when bone stock) weighed 3512 with a full tank of gas and two car seats in it without me in it when new."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts