LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Acta Non Verba
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Umm, what's up with the weird 80's computer sounds coming from the rear end and/or speakers of my GTO?? It sounds like some kind of electronic interference, but there is a rythm to it sometimes, sometimes a low hummm, tick tick tick, etc. Sometimes corresponds to RPM's,

It's like when the radio is turned all the way down I hear it especially. WHAT IS IT!!! It is driving me nuts~

·
OG 05 Owner and FPFQAF
2,610 Posts
sounds like theres interferance between the ignition and radio...my friends lincoln had the same problem... he got shielded plug wires and it fixed the problem.....

·
Acta Non Verba
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of lincoln?? My friend's LSV8 does it!

Do other GTO's have this problem...It's really weird and annoying. Could/should the dealer fix it?

·
Banned
2,899 Posts
Its the station. use seek feature to adjust the tune. lol

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have a full high-end aftermarket system and hear stuff even with the system powered off. I believe it might be the fuel pump in my case.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Definitely not the rear diff. The noise can be heard when the car is running, stereo off when the car is parked.

·
Nobdy
195 Posts
sounds like the fuel pump to me. I had never noticed it until I took the rear seats and deck out before having my windows tinted. On the drive over to the tinter I kept hearing a weird buzzing and ticking. I finally figured out it was the fuel pump. when I got everything back in there was enough insulation to hide the sounds again.

·
12sec club
356 Posts
I have it on mine at times. I just installed my stereo in the car and it does it when turned down the stereo and the headlights on. But if i turn off the headlights it goes away. I believe it is when a audio wire gets near the power wire for the lights it causes interferance, and if i hit a bump and it moves away from the wire it goes away. Just make sure all wires are away from other wires.

·
Hendo Goat
301 Posts
BostonF4$ said:
Umm, what's up with the weird 80's computer sounds coming from the rear end and/or speakers of my GTO?? It sounds like some kind of electronic interference, but there is a rythm to it sometimes, sometimes a low hummm, tick tick tick, etc. Sometimes corresponds to RPM's,

It's like when the radio is turned all the way down I hear it especially. WHAT IS IT!!! It is driving me nuts~
Do you have an after market system installed or stock stereo? Either way I'd be 99% positive that it's just the fuel pump and it seems worse when the stereo is turned down because the music isn't covering it up. The fuel pumps on these cars are pretty loud, especially since it's right behind the seat, I started up my car with the back seat out during my install and it's actually pretty amazing how much the back seat insulates the sound of the fuel pump.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts