LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'm swimming in lava...
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like the fuse for the interior lights keeps blowing out. Second time already. Anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Gaijin said:
Seems like the fuse for the interior lights keeps blowing out. Second time already. Anyone else have this happen?
check the trunk light.I had same problem,trunk light is not insulated and hits metal.You will probably blow a fuse taking it out.Insulated mine with shrink wrap and no problem since

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Same problem here - taking the car in for service next week - they can find the problem.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The first two weeks or so mine would blow the fuse for the instrument cluster lights and the tail lights when I turned the headlights on. Seems weird but it hasn't happened in over a month. Who knows. :confused:

·
I'm swimming in lava...
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I'll check the trunk light when I get a chance.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm having the same issue. As soon as I put a fuse in it blows. So far I have insulated the BCM, retaped the dome harness and trunk harness. I pulled out the trunk light, dome light, and door lights but still when I go put a fuse in it blows on contact.

·
1 of 262
10,335 Posts
I don't know what your problems are, but all fuses are not created equally. There is another TSB that covers many more models.

Service Alert: Concerns With Aftermarket Fuses in GM Vehicles #07-08-45-002 - (09/05/2007)

Models: 2008 and Prior GM Passenger Cars and Light Duty Trucks (including Saturn)

2008 and Prior HUMMER H2, H3

2008 and Prior Saab 9-7X

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concerns with Harbor Freight Tools "Storehouse" Branded Blade Type Fuses
General Motors has become aware of a fuse recall by Harbor Freight Tools/Storehouse for a variety of aftermarket fuses. In two cases, these fuses have not provided protection for the wiring system of the vehicles they were customer installed in. Upon testing the 15 amp version, it was found that the fuse still would not "open" when shorted directly across the battery terminals.

How to Identify These Fuses

Packed in a 120 piece set, the fuse has a translucent, hard plastic, blue body with the amperage stamped into the top. There are no white painted numbers on the fuse to indicate amperage. There are no identifying marks on the fuse to tell who is making it. The fuses are known to be distributed by Harbor Freight Tools but there may be other marketers, and packaging of this style of fuse. It would be prudent to replace these fuses if found in a customers vehicle. Likewise, if wiring overheating is found you should check the fuse panel for the presence of this style of fuse.

Important: All GM dealers should use genuine GM fuses on the vehicles they service. You should also encourage the use of GM fuses to your customers to assure they are getting the required electrical system protection. GM has no knowledge of any concerns with other aftermarket fuses. If additional information becomes available, this bulletin will be updated.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,143 Posts
Harbor Freight strikes again.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't know what your problems are, but all fuses are not created equally. There is another TSB that covers many more models.

Service Alert: Concerns With Aftermarket Fuses in GM Vehicles #07-08-45-002 - (09/05/2007)

Models: 2008 and Prior GM Passenger Cars and Light Duty Trucks (including Saturn)

2008 and Prior HUMMER H2, H3

2008 and Prior Saab 9-7X

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Concerns with Harbor Freight Tools "Storehouse" Branded Blade Type Fuses
General Motors has become aware of a fuse recall by Harbor Freight Tools/Storehouse for a variety of aftermarket fuses. In two cases, these fuses have not provided protection for the wiring system of the vehicles they were customer installed in. Upon testing the 15 amp version, it was found that the fuse still would not "open" when shorted directly across the battery terminals.

How to Identify These Fuses

Packed in a 120 piece set, the fuse has a translucent, hard plastic, blue body with the amperage stamped into the top. There are no white painted numbers on the fuse to indicate amperage. There are no identifying marks on the fuse to tell who is making it. The fuses are known to be distributed by Harbor Freight Tools but there may be other marketers, and packaging of this style of fuse. It would be prudent to replace these fuses if found in a customers vehicle. Likewise, if wiring overheating is found you should check the fuse panel for the presence of this style of fuse.

Important: All GM dealers should use genuine GM fuses on the vehicles they service. You should also encourage the use of GM fuses to your customers to assure they are getting the required electrical system protection. GM has no knowledge of any concerns with other aftermarket fuses. If additional information becomes available, this bulletin will be updated.

I picked up bussman fuses for advance auto. I can try a local GM dealer for a 10 fuse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts