LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guy's,

Have just purchased a set of WELD S71's.
18 x 8" 6.2" backspace for the front and 17 x 10" 7.8" backspace on the rear as per WELD's application guide.
Now my question comes with Street tyre fitment. Have found plenty of posts around Drag Radials especially referring to Nitto but I'm looking to achieve 275/40r17 on the rear without rolling fenders as mine is a HSV in Australia that are extremely limited.
Is this possible? If not what is realistic?
Also, open to tyre suggestions for the front. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
You may have already got the answers you need on this but I have a 275/30/19 on a 19x10. The tire you want to run on the rear is almost identical and should work, my car is lowered quite a bit and still clear. Tire Size Calculator. This calculator helps. So I have a question for you, I want to run same setup on my car on the back however I don't know what the rear brakes are and clearance, I have read a ton of forums and I have seen 15s on the rear however I don't see anyway possible to clear the rear brake line on my car with a 15" wheel. I have read you have to bend the line however it appears to me the banjo bolt is directly into the top of the caliper and just rough measurement shows it around 17" inches?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may have already got the answers you need on this but I have a 275/30/19 on a 19x10. The tire you want to run on the rear is almost identical and should work, my car is lowered quite a bit and still clear. Tire Size Calculator. This calculator helps. So I have a question for you, I want to run same setup on my car on the back however I don't know what the rear brakes are and clearance, I have read a ton of forums and I have seen 15s on the rear however I don't see anyway possible to clear the rear brake line on my car with a 15" wheel. I have read you have to bend the line however it appears to me the banjo bolt is directly into the top of the caliper and just rough measurement shows it around 17" inches?
thanks for getting back to me!
I noticed on the Pontiac fitment guide on Weld that it says the brake line needs to be bent. I haven’t fit any 15’s and avoided doing so for this reason but according to this it will fit with that modification.

·
Worthless reject member
39,953 Posts
the 15" RT-S wheels clear, but barely. it is correct that you may need to bend the brake line by the caliper, or grind the head of the banjo bolt down slightly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts