LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If I didn't need cradle alignments before, I do now. Got rearended on the way home from work today. Was stopped in traffic just after a light and POP! Never saw it coming. I was stopped for a good 10-15 seconds before she got me. It wasn't that hard so she must be one of those people that like to inch forward in traffic. Got her insurance info right away. There are marks where her plate frame got my bumper.

I'm gonna take it to the dealer tomorrow and have them check everything out. Hypothetically, what could be damaged besides the paint? I was in neutral with the brakes on. She hit me doing no more than 5mph. I'm getting all the bushings replaced in a month anyway but I wonder if the actual driveline could be hurt. Don't hear any new noises or whining...

·
I can haz cheezburgerz??
1,519 Posts
did you make sure to give her a nice little:slap:

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
05cyclone said:
did you make sure to give her a nice little:slap:
yeah, wtf did you do to her?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eh, I couldn't do much. She jumped out of the car with her insurance card in her hand completely apologetic.

I'm trying to think of what I can get covered under insurance. I was supposed to get a rear cradle alignment done anyway. Maybe yes? If she'd pushed me into the van in front of me I coulda gotten my front bumper fixed. The piece under the left headlight sticks out.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
9,958 Posts
A friend of mine got rear ended in his jeep and it damaged the diff. But most likely he got hit harder than you did. Check for bearing seal leaks though.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Send this info to JusticePete. Take you car to his shop and let her insurance pay for Pedder's parts to fix any damage.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
sjsan12 said:
Send this info to JusticePete. Take you car to his shop and let her insurance pay for Pedder's parts to fix any damage.
+10

Sorry you had a bumper bender, but no one was hurt so life is good. Call Mitch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts