LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First time in a LONG time! Saw a bunch of Goats out there too. And one of them had the AZPS 500bhp package!:gears:

Anyway, the stock 235/40/18s suck when youre making power btw. All runs were made on the stock 18" rubber, so excuse my 60fts.

1st run: [email protected] 2.35 60ft (Blipped the rev limiter going into 4th as usual)

2nd run: [email protected] 2.28 60ft ( was late on the 3-4 shift so it dropped my mph)

3rd run: [email protected] 2.3 60ft ( traction was so bad in 1st gear, that I had to shift into 2nd at 4500 rpms, so it bogged into 2nd gear so again dropped my mph)

4th run: [email protected] 2.3 60ft ( again, 1st gear usless, but I hit all the gears right on!)

Temps were great! It was about 80 degrees, and it was fun watching everyone run! Once I get my slicks on, and fine tune my current tune, along with cooler temps, Im estimating an [email protected] Not bad for basic bolt ons I guess. Here is my new mod list...

Pacesetter LTs W/ off road pipes
2.5" X pipe with 2.5" cutouts
Volant Cai W/ no MAF screen
Drag bags ( BTW they cant be inflated more tha 5 psi because of my lowering springs)
And HP Tuners, tuned by..... Me, Myself, and I.:drink:

Track elevation a 1,243ft btw. And FULL interior!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
one day i might head over there.

firebird is soooo much closer to me though

still haven't ran here.. i too am waiting for something colder

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
That is bada$$! Nice traps. Running 12's with those 60's is impressive. 116mph would be some feat too!!

I hope just to go 12.75 with DR's and maybe a drop in K&N but I'm in even lower DA than you. You definately can drive that thing! Nice passes...

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Well, I checked the DA for that night, and it wasnt too bad. It was 1900ft. Well, it isnt bad for AZ. HA HA HA! Racing temps suck here. I wish I lived close to Atco raceway, then I would really haul some serious ass. And Smitty would be trapping about 133 mph. LOL. Im now wondering what mod to do next. Hmmm.

·
Registered
95 Posts
There were so many goats there, we may as well of had a meeting. Your times drive me crazy since my numbers were so horrible :cry:

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FurryGoat said:
Nice times. How much weight reduction have you done?
Well, I did the oil change the same day I raced, and I left the skid plate off since it was hot, and didnt feel like messing with it. So there is 15lbs. I left the spare tire in the trunk, but left the jack out since I used it to open my cutouts at the track, so there is another what? 8 lbs? So there is about 23lbs in weight reduction. But then again, the 18" wheels are heavier than the 17s. So it evens out I guess.:)

I think they are crappy times, but gotta love the MPH!:burnout:

I have another tune ready for next raceday, so it should go even faster. :gears: I just hope I can hook better next time. :( The stock 18" tires suck ass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts