LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to cruising the coast this weekend. Ole lady drove the car and my kid and his friend rode. Its almost a 3 hour ride. I drove my truck and pulle dmy camper, We stayed at Buccaneer State park. The thing I didnt realize when we booked it, The action was an hour away from us. So I did lots of driving back and forth. GTO actually did well, averaging 17mpg, interstate driving 80-85mph and city driving. I had zero problems.I didnt race anyone because during these festivities, the cops are very strict. I wont say I didnt smash it on the back roads or interstate a few times, however. lol. I almost brought my drag radials but I changed my mind at the last minute.
My buddy trailed his fourth gen trans am down there. Good thing he did because the trans went out again. I think this is the third time it'll have gone out. I want to race him but his trans keeps breaking. He has an ls3/turbo 400....runs 10.60 @ 126.
I told him when he gets tired of messing with that junk, I'll build him a 4L60e lol. Seriously, the trans in my car would easily handle what he's throwing at it. Until he sprays it, it'll last about a year.
Any ways, we had a good time even though the weekend flew by. Next year I'm gonna have to take a few days off of work so we can stay longer. I'm just ecstatic the car made it AGAIN there and back with no issues. I do have a few shot one or so minute long videos of me walking down the street looking at some of the cars, if anyone is interested I can post them to youtube and post them here....

·
Unaware of loss, Nor of gain
7,784 Posts
I was at the hourly rumble on Saturday at Gulfport Dragway. Fun enough, but mostly attracted an inexperienced crowd, both drivers and spectators. I'd probably skip it next time.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you two know y'all are besties.
Are you jealous? I think you thought you and I were besties. lol

I dont know that guy. I wasnt interested in going to the track either, I purposely left my drag radials at home. Had i not, I probably would have had to trailer the car home lol.

·
Registered Offender
31,115 Posts
throw a bagel as a diversion and you're golden

·
Registered Offender
31,115 Posts
unlocked

·
Super Moderator
10,281 Posts
Why is there no pictures of this fine adventure?

·
Registered Offender
31,115 Posts
no evidence, no charges

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
While I’m posting videos. Here’s one when we were headed home. Wife was driving the car, I thought I’d do a drive by video and you’d be able to hear the car. Nope. Too quiet. Anyways. Whatever. Lol. It’s only 12 seconds long.

·
Super Moderator
10,281 Posts
Awesome stuff. Nice

Wife was just cruising. Got to tell her to smash that throttle. ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts