LS1GTO Forums banner

Well who is all going?

2K views 66 replies 22 participants last post by  Holeshot 
#1 · (Edited)
Times a tickin away. The nationals are a few weeks away.
Who for sure is going ? :thumbs:

#2 ·
Susie and I.

#7 ·
When and where is it in STL?

Is their a thread of decent places to stay overnight? (Not that I couldnt drive home after it but would rather not.)

#8 ·
DB and crew

#13 ·
CSiJason said:
When and where is it in STL?

Is their a thread of decent places to stay overnight? (Not that I couldnt drive home after it but would rather not.)
Dude, where've you been? :D

It's all in this section. You're probably gonna have a tough time getting hotel reservations now at the two direct hotels. You'll probably need a room at an overflow hotel.

You'll also need to register with the GTOAA. There is a link to their website for the form in that original thread posted by DY.

#14 ·
Oh, I know some of you guys are going down Thursday. I won't be a part of that caravan. I'm leaving Friday.

#15 ·
Kim and I will be going. We are leaving Indy at 10 am on Tuesday if anyone wants to caravan over with us on Tuesday...

#17 ·
Warren said:
I *Plan* on being there Thursday evening. It will be a long day for me though.
what? slaacker........your gonna miss the shootout? I'm gonna go tell sarge! :gr_jest:

#18 ·
Yeah, what's up with all these guys arriving Thursday? I plan on leaving GA on Monday, take my time, probably spend the night in Paducah. Arrive St. Louis on Tuesday afternoon. If possible, I may go to the track on June 28 for their street legal test-n-tune. And if they'll let me, also on the 29th (it says t-n-t for slick cars - maybe I'll have some slicks with me). Then the Shootout on the 30th - they're gonna let us run grudge matches between the rounds of the bracket races.

Chances are the Shootout will be over by mid afternoon. We plan 3 runs. After that, I imagine we go off to the local Hooters for some brews and debriefing (shooting the sh*t). Then I'm off first thing Friday morning, going home.

Padre

#19 ·
PadreGTO said:
Yeah, what's up with all these guys arriving Thursday? I plan on leaving GA on Monday, take my time, probably spend the night in Paducah. Arrive St. Louis on Tuesday afternoon. If possible, I may go to the track on June 28 for their street legal test-n-tune. And if they'll let me, also on the 29th (it says t-n-t for slick cars - maybe I'll have some slicks with me). Then the Shootout on the 30th - they're gonna let us run grudge matches between the rounds of the bracket races.

Chances are the Shootout will be over by mid afternoon. We plan 3 runs. After that, I imagine we go off to the local Hooters for some brews and debriefing (shooting the sh*t). Then I'm off first thing Friday morning, going home.

Padre
I thought the thursday racing is from 12-8 or something like that.......I guess we probably wont hang out at the track that long though.

#20 ·
Dbluegoat said:
I thought the thursday racing is from 12-8 or something like that.......I guess we probably wont hang out at the track that long though.
Depends on how they run it. I imagine time-trials till 4pm, then the bracket racing till 8pm. Sarge and I can probably get our runs in during the time trials, but we'll see. I'd like to get my runs in before sunset when the track is warm.

Padre

#21 ·
I'm going to try to be there in time for the drag race on Thurs and will probably put my 04 in the popular vote show on Saturday. Guess I should probably start looking for a hotel. If anyone from KC wants to get together and convoy to STL let me know.

#22 ·
bunch of us are leaving here @ 6:30 / 7:am thursday to try and make it down for the Drags by noon, staying in the main hotel until sunday morning.

#25 ·
sxty8goats said:
I hear rumor of some 20 ish 04' /05' GTO registered so far.
thats it only 20.......

hmmm....I better send my chit in

#26 ·
Well, it's looking like I won't even be able to take a half day Friday, so I won't be down there until later that evening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.