LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, now that I have 3,000 miles and now have mobil 1 in the car, tried my luck with my gtech. First thing is DAMN :eek2: Those kdws can put off some smoke!!! Did what i thought was going to be a small burn out, and turned out to be a monster. launched the car at 1800 or a tad below that, and the car spun bad. I will try again on drag radials and also at the track.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
jrwood said:
Well, now that I have 3,000 miles and now have mobil 1 in the car, tried my luck with my gtech. First thing is DAMN :eek2: Those kdws can put off some smoke!!! Did what i thought was going to be a small burn out, and turned out to be a monster. launched the car at 1800 or a tad below that, and the car spun bad. I will try again on drag radials and also at the track.
Ok, great about the tires. We all have them...Or at least did at the beginning...Now, you were saying, you tried the GTech Pro? What did you think? What did it tell you your times and HP were? Do you have dyno numbers to compare its numbers with?

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
nikivee said:
I have the Tazzo. I tried it at the track with my 67 about 2 weeks ago against one run down the strip. My official time was [email protected] The Tazzo said [email protected]
Now the question is, does the averaging of the two times that makes up a timeslip's quarter mile time account for the difference between the TS and the Tazzo VPC?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
nikivee said:
I have the Tazzo. I tried it at the track with my 67 about 2 weeks ago against one run down the strip. My official time was [email protected] The Tazzo said [email protected]
well i guess thats only about 3% errror, which isn't terrible. but it isn't great either.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
GTOdriver7 said:
well i guess thats only about 3% errror, which isn't terrible. but it isn't great either.
I hope my Tazzo is off that much. My best with it is 13.81 @ 105. Never been to the track.

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
I am interested to hear more about this...I was considering getting one...But if they are off by that much then not too sure. Are there different types???

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
The GTech Pro unit is very accurate. Anyways, I think the main use of this
unit is to test how your mods did. So if you test baseline with the meter and then
with your mods you will still know what you gained even if it is off a bit from the track. That is irrelevant. It's a good
investment for testing your mods.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
The GTech Pro unit is very accurate. Anyways, I think the main use of this
unit is to test how your mods did. So if you test baseline with the meter and then
with your mods you will still know what you gained even if it is off a bit from the track. That is irrelevant. It's a good
investment for testing your mods.
This is exactly why I got it. It's much easier for me to make a few runs to see what I gained than going to the dyno and dropping 75 bucks for 3 pulls.

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
I did this with my 96 WS6 when I got it but I used a Vericom. It does give a good indication of what mods do. But the fun at the track is worth it more than playing on the street. I stopped using it after I started taking the car to the track. Just too much fun at the track. Plus its a nice controlled location, for the most part :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts