LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was determined to get into the 12's on street tires-275 KDWs, 20 psi. Didn't happen. Don't know if is me, the track or the tires, but could not get any traction. No matter what I tried, even just idling of the line and slowly getting on it, as soon as it went into boost in 1st or 2nd just went to red line with the rear tires bouncing. In 3rd the tires were squealing, but at least it was pulling strong.

I really think Bandi surface is not the best. Earlier in the day on a deserted, clean asphalt road, I launched at 2100, some spin then more spin in first and second on boost, but the tires were pulling hard.

Best et was 13.2 with 115 mph. I guess this winter will be strengthening the drive line and running drag radials next year.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not at all. Had a mechanic I have a great deal of trust in cut on the peddles and reweld them with strengthening braces. I can now easily get my left foot to the dead peddle without turning it sideways and I can heel and toe with much greater ease.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,440 Posts
An Apex'i AVC-R would allow for RPM-dependent boost levels. A bit spendy.

IIRC, Greddy has a more cost-effective alternative that does the same. Regardless, Mike, I think you're just at the point where you have too much power for street tires.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree, Mike, too much power the street tires. I do have a GReddy unit which allows two settings. It is set at 6 lbs for low and 8 lbs for high boost. GReddy offers a remote option that allows you to go between low and high boost with a button on the steering wheel which I don't have (the button, not the steering wheel). However, I have 6 lb springs in the waste gates that dictate 6 lbs as the low boost number and I think I would overpower the tires at 6 lbs. So drag radials next year.

I am curious though, does anyone else think Bandi has less traction then the street or is that just me.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,440 Posts
mmmboulder said:
I am curious though, does anyone else think Bandi has less traction then the street or is that just me.
Sometimes.

But if you think Bandimere is bad, try PMI. ;)

·
Negative Creep
2,346 Posts
Doric said:
That's the ticket right there. It maybe spendy, but why cheap out on the EBC when you have that much invested in a TT kit.....

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What are your dyno numbers on that monster?
The initial numbers with 6 lb springs were 543 hp and 600 tq. However, these numbers were altitude corrected so not sure of the true meaning. Since then I have improved the tune and have an 8 lb boost level. Haven't dynoed it with these changes. Hope to do so at some point.

I will have to look into this. However, I think drag radials are the only answer for the strip.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Did you get a copy of the drf files from your runs?
I apologize, but am not sure what drf means. I will assume (assuming nearly always gets me in trouble) it is a dyno run and have posted it below. If it means something else please let me know-alway learning here. Keep in mind that this dyno run was done early this year with 6 lbs springs, inadequate fueling and, because it was initially tuned with LS2 edit, it was not MAF patched. Now running 7.5 to 8 lbs boost, fueling has been addressed and tuning is now done with HPTuners.

Attachments

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,440 Posts
Mike, a .drf file is the original, raw data from the dynamometer itself.

Can't wait to see how you do with some traction. :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't have that, but will try to get it next week.

Traction coming next spring! I hope.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts