LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:D :thumbs: I got chills when I laid eyes on my GTO. Whomever says the GTO even remotely resembles a Cavalier, Grand Am or Grand Prix needs to have an eye exam. The car looks nothing like these cars. It has a wide, low and mean stance. Very aggressive looking. The fit and finish is perfect, and the gaps are tight. Being 6' 7", I had no problems getting in or out of the front. The seats are incredibly comfortable. I absolutely love this car. The only dissapointment was when I turned the key. From listening to the soundbytes on this website and Pontiac.com, I was extremely dissapointed in the exhaust note. Did not even sound remotely like the soundbytes. It has burble to it, but not a rumble as I have read so many times. But this can be easily changed. I got to drive the car around the dealership parking lot, so I didn't get a chance to hear the exhaust at WOT. Other than that, I am very excited about picking the car up Monday. I love this car!!!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Congrats- and again, a September TPW finally bites the dust. About Freaking time. :D :D

·
\m/ (>.<) \m/
762 Posts
Trust me. WOT is a whole different animal than idling around the parking lot.

I bet they had the microphone near the exhaust pipes when they made the recordings. I can hear similarities in mine but it's very muted in the cabin. This is actually good for daily driving. Loud exhaust gets annoying after a while if you have to listen to it all the time.

·
Registered
349 Posts
derf said:
I can hear similarities in mine but it's very muted in the cabin. This is actually good for daily driving. Loud exhaust gets annoying after a while if you have to listen to it all the time.
This is exactly why I'm getting rid of my S2000. The car is great fun, but the loudness gets old when you use it for a daily driver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts