LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went just to see what one of these GTO's actually look like in real life. Yes, I too have seen scads of pics but there is nothing like seeing what they will look like in person. Ok, so I too, ordered one and it is on it's way. However, after seeing the new GTO in person, I am like a little kid in a candy store. This is one clean looking machine. Unfortunately I couldn't sit in it as it was elevated on one of those revolving turnstiles. Folks, I think that we are going to love these babies....
I have already named mine "Butch."

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Talk about self torment, huh? :D

Welcome. We're all feeling the same pain you are. :)

·
Banned
504 Posts
They had a silver w/ black int., 6-spd at the Phoenix Auto show. It was the first time i'd seen a silver one and it's a very nice color. I was hoping to see a yellow one seeing as that's what I ordered. Oh-well, anyone who ordered silver I think you'll be very pleased!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one in SF

was red. I have ordered a yellow one with the m6 tranny myself. zooom zoom zoom?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was looking at all the photo's that have been released and I was wondering why Pontiac chose to route the dual exhaust to one side of the car instead of two outlets on either side?

Am I the only one that noticed this? I think it looks funny and I hope after-market exhaust don't give it the ricer "fart can" look.

Tom

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
AFVETTE said:
I was looking at all the photo's that have been released and I was wondering why Pontiac chose to route the dual exhaust to one side of the car instead of two outlets on either side?

Am I the only one that noticed this? I think it looks funny and I hope after-market exhaust don't give it the ricer "fart can" look.

Tom
In the short time they had to get the car to market they didn't have time to reroute the exhaust. They had to move the gas tank to meet U.S. specs which put even more stuff in the way. Also they spent a great deal of engineering to get the spound just right!!!. I still get goose bumps listening to that sound on the GTO.com site.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
386 Posts
They can tie the pipes in a knot for all I care as long as the car sounds as cool as it does on the site. That's going to make for a lot of double-takes from people when they hear that!! I just wish I could here it for real, like in my driveway.:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts