LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track. Of course I have all kinds of excuses. I’d rather call them “explanations” tho. Lol.

so first pass. Mid level turned up. 1.9 60ft. Yuck. 11.50 at 125.xx was disappointed at that point. Forgot to plug in my wideband cable. Flock. Ok, so next pass I decide to turn it all the was up to level 6 on my boost controller. 11.1x at 127mph. 1.9 60 again. Rich as shit. 10.8 afr in some spots, hit boost cut in 3rd for what seemed like an eternity. Crap. So I lean it out one number in my ve table. Raise my boost cut threshold. Next pass, slower. Like 11.38 at 126.xx. Seriously? No more boost cut but a really bad launch and afr was worse for some reason.
so I decide lemme lean it a good chunk on my boost enrichment. 1.9 60ft again. Wtf. I guess I need to leave higher than 2000 rpm and add some timing low. It’s a dog off the line. So it shifts to second (I leave it in drive) and when boost ramps in, it spins and gets sideways. Im like shit! This run is gonna suck. So I end up letting off before the traps like a dummy because I’m all shook up about it spinning. Car felt much better tho. Logs said 11.5-11.6 afr now. Perfect. Went 11.10 @ 128. Damnit. And I had let off early like an idiot. Flock! Then the track closed while I was looking over my logs. There was barely anyone there tonight. O well. I didn’t get a 10 second pass but I had some fun. AND the transmission did not skip a beat. It worked flawless. I didn’t break anything so that’s a plus too. Axles and drive shaft somehow lived to see another day.

I think part of my 60ft issue is I had a 3800 stall my first outing. I decided to tighten it up to a 3200. I think that was a mistake. I’m gonna call Dave at yank and see if I can send it back and get it turned up to 3800. I turned it down to a 3200 in hopes of getting better gas mileage. It made zero difference. So 3800 is probably gonna go in it now. I think the car liked the 3600 I had much better. I did always feel like after the convertor swap that it wasn’t quiet as fast, now I know why. So it probably slowed me down a bit and I countered it with boost.

·
Premium Member
35,702 Posts
i think you're doing too many changes between runs. leave it with the setup you had on the best run and try again a few more times. small variables can add up and you might run a 10.9.

you're not saying a whole lot about how you burn out, stage, and launch, or about tire pressures, what tire you are running, or your suspension set up. a 1.9 60 ft could be from spinning tires, not just too soft a launch.

i dunno. just some thoughts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts