LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to the track kinda late and didn't really get a chance to do anything to the car again before I ran. The weather was really hot and humid so I didn't run to good this time. My RT's still sucked and track wasn't to good.

1st
RT .859
60 2.173
ET 14.489
MPH 95.973

2nd
RT .813
60 2.237
ET 14.609
MPH 96.201

My third run was a waste. Tire spinning [email protected]

I'm gonna wait till it cools down a lil before I go to the track again.

Heres some pics

·
Registered
835 Posts
did you beat the z? Your 60' times are still better than mine. How hot was it? The temp really makes a huge difference. You should definately open the hood between runs to let things cool as much as possible.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
At least you are out there running!!!!! The more practice the better!!!
:drink::drink:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cjlannoy said:
did you beat the z? Your 60' times are still better than mine. How hot was it? The temp really makes a huge difference. You should definately open the hood between runs to let things cool as much as possible.
Yup, I drove by the Z on my first run. He ran 15.746 @ 93.723 and didn't come back to the same lane afterwards. I think it was in the high 90's all day and still felt that way when I got to the track in the evening.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I went to the track (Los Angeles County Raceway in Palmdale, CA) this weekend and my best was a 14.811 @ 94.something, 60's in the 2.2-2.4 range (spun the tires at ~1200RPM launch and from idle no matter what I did), best RT was .575, worst was 1.075...

Altitude corrections get me a 14.4 at 97.something.

This was my first time at the track and the car was run stock three times and once with the Predator. My best was NOT with the Predator. With the Predator I ran a 14.873, 94.something. And at the time there were ~3900mi on the car.

What did I learn? 1) No point in dragging right away after driving ~100mi. 2) No point in dragging when it's 100degF. 3) The stock tires suck. 4) When I pay attention to the lights I can do pretty damn well with the RTs but when I don't I do downright awful.

I got my best time after letting the car cool for about 30 minutes, and starting from idle rather than holding the RPM at ~1200 and then launching. I think that had I been going from a cold engine (the temp gauge was still in the normal area when I startedup after cooling for that time) I would have done FAR better.

The only hint I can give you is on the RTs...As soon as that last yellow light lights, let 'er rip. You'll be in the .5 range no problem that way. If they're doing pro lights (all ambers @ the same time then green), then I have no real suggestion but that you have to be paying really close attention.

·
Registered
492 Posts
phobos512 said:
I went to the track (Los Angeles County Raceway in Palmdale, CA) this weekend and my best was a 14.811 @ 94.something, 60's in the 2.2-2.4 range (spun the tires at ~1200RPM launch and from idle no matter what I did), best RT was .575, worst was 1.075...

Altitude corrections get me a 14.4 at 97.something.

This was my first time at the track and the car was run stock three times and once with the Predator. My best was NOT with the Predator. With the Predator I ran a 14.873, 94.something. And at the time there were ~3900mi on the car.

What did I learn? 1) No point in dragging right away after driving ~100mi. 2) No point in dragging when it's 100degF. 3) The stock tires suck. 4) When I pay attention to the lights I can do pretty damn well with the RTs but when I don't I do downright awful.

I got my best time after letting the car cool for about 30 minutes, and starting from idle rather than holding the RPM at ~1200 and then launching. I think that had I been going from a cold engine (the temp gauge was still in the normal area when I startedup after cooling for that time) I would have done FAR better.

The only hint I can give you is on the RTs...As soon as that last yellow light lights, let 'er rip. You'll be in the .5 range no problem that way. If they're doing pro lights (all ambers @ the same time then green), then I have no real suggestion but that you have to be paying really close attention.
You need to come race at LACR when all of us Pontiacs are there. I stopped going to the T&T's until october or so.

We will be racing @ LACR on Sept 18th with Pontiac Drag Days, gates open at 2PM.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
ydtrack said:
You need to come race at LACR when all of us Pontiacs are there. I stopped going to the T&T's until october or so.

We will be racing @ LACR on Sept 18th with Pontiac Drag Days, gates open at 2PM.
I'd never been there before and I'd never dragged before so I figured I'd give it a shot.

·
Registered
492 Posts
phobos512 said:
I'd never been there before and I'd never dragged before so I figured I'd give it a shot.
Drag racing is fun and you will get much better times if you take the trip over to Famoso in Bakersfield, it is only about 10 miles further than LACR from us.

Sacramento usually is a pretty sticky track and when it cools down at nights you can get some great times as well.

I have raced at about every track in SoCal (RIP Carlsbad) so just let me know when you want to go race.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Weather does play a big part in performance. I would wait till september or october. That's when I'm going to the track again. Till then, "keep your head up".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts