LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must be the only person who doesn't know the trick about the wet look tire. I've tried all brands including the zaino wet look stuff you put on the paint. Is there a particular tire product that stays for more than a few hours? Thanks! :banghead:

·
Registered
399 Posts
GTOKaren said:
I must be the only person who doesn't know the trick about the wet look tire. I've tried all brands including the zaino wet look stuff you put on the paint. Is there a particular tire product that stays for more than a few hours? Thanks! :banghead:
Zaino has a Z-16 tire gloss that is really good and stays on longer than most products.

·
WOT's Up Doc?
2,570 Posts
the wet head is dead

I'm sorry, but I think "wet" tires is the geekiest looking thing I've ever seen on a car. Maybe if you were in a show and you could do the whole tire (tread and all) since it wasn't going to be moving. But driving down the road and having the sidewalls all shiny, then have the tread looking all dirty? Sorry, but I don't like it. I just keep em clean. And hot. :)

To each his own!

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
i forget which brand i use. maybe eagle one. but i have tried many different ones and found them all to be about the same. perhaps the problem is not the products you are using
-are you washing your tires with tire cleaner and a brush before hand?
-you may want to go to the auto store and get the special application sponge that they make for applying wet look. its got a foam handle and the spongey side is curved to fit the contour of the tire
-the wet look will "dry" a little bit after application. its not supposed to look greasy, just shiny.
hope this helps.

·
CARmotorsports.com
327 Posts
GTOKaren said:

HERE'S the secret recipe to that wet look.

http://www.carmotorsports.com/tire_shine.htm

Alan

·
2005 CGM GTO
1,523 Posts
I have been dressing my tires since 1966 and I think I have tried them all. I now use TurtleWax 2001 Tire Foam and Shine. It can be applied to wet or dry tires. Just spray it on let the car sit for about 10 minutes while you wipe down the car and when it dries IMO the tires are just right. Just enough of a dressed look. Lasts too. Any overspray wipes right off and is harmless to wheels and finish. Use it on all my cars including the C5. Inexpensive too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
good and cheap

I went in to Advance Auto a few weeks a go to get Black Magic Tire Shine.... they were out so I picked up the cheapest they had, their own brand in a plain red can. It is the best tire shine I've used. It lasts much longer than other name brands. To top is all off, it is cheaper too.

·
Ex SHO owner
316 Posts
indygtoqs said:
I went in to Advance Auto a few weeks a go to get Black Magic Tire Shine.... they were out so I picked up the cheapest they had, their own brand in a plain red can. It is the best tire shine I've used. It lasts much longer than other name brands. To top is all off, it is cheaper too.

I sooooooo agree. Great stuff!!!! Smells kinda cherry too.

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
I use two...Tropi-care if I just want to look clean and more of a flat black shine and Meguires NXT generation Tech Protectant if I want them to have more of a wet shine

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you get a sylicone based tire dressing and put a tiny bit of motor oil in it then put it on using a small paint brush it will look real wet...and stay wet. Also if you use a paint brush it dosnt get all over the wheels.

·
Capitol City GTO's
6,509 Posts
Meguires endurance, comes with a small sponge to apply with. it smells like grape soda. The stuff lasts along time, even in rain. I like it because of the sponge to apply it with, you dont get over spray.

·
RIP George...
2,163 Posts
Meguire's Hotshine works pretty well. It's in a nice aerosol can with an adjustable spray pattern on the nozzle. Got mine at Autozone. I like it.

·
Killer boots, man!
120 Posts
myred2004gto said:
Meguires endurance, comes with a small sponge to apply with. it smells like grape soda. The stuff lasts along time, even in rain. I like it because of the sponge to apply it with, you dont get over spray.
I agree; this stuff works great. Even lasts through some rain, puddles, etc. If you apply it correctly, it wont fly off either. I use it on my 18" Potenza's and the sponge is a must-have. :burnout:

·
Hazard to Society
5,284 Posts
400Plus said:
I agree; this stuff works great. Even lasts through some rain, puddles, etc. If you apply it correctly, it wont fly off either. I use it on my 18" Potenza's and the sponge is a must-have. :burnout:
I've been using McGuires Endurance High Gloss Gel for the last 6 years, and I gotta say it works great. It takes some extra time to apply since its a gel, but the results are better than that spray on stuff. It won't even fly off the tire and get on your car. It's absolutly great.

As a matter of fact I'm about to run out after about 2 years of using the same bottle and I can't seem to find it on the selves anymore.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
AmesGTO said:
Zaino is the stuff. It's not greasy, just makes the tires look really black and clean.
Question, what CAI are your running?........looks great.

JET

1 - 20 of 20 Posts