LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what the DTC is, just not the rest of it. And how do I get rid of them?

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
When you say that you don't know the rest of it, what are you asking about? What it means?

There are three main ways to clear codes;

1) With ignition on, disconnect the negative side of the battery for about a minute, shut off the ignition, then reconnect. This is also called an idle re-learn

2) Clear with a scanner such as AutoTap, LS1Edit, EFILive, etc.

3) Have dealer clear it with a Tech2

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
Not-Ran DTC's refer to emissions control routines that have set a code previously but the test for the current drive cycle has not been completed.

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GTPprix said:
Not-Ran DTC's refer to emissions control routines that have set a code previously but the test for the current drive cycle has not been completed.
Gotcha. Thanks.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
To further add onto that, the PCM will run random tests of "readiness" on all of the emissions control functions.

Say, on early LS1's, had an EGR system and many liked to remove it. That is a whole different story, but I digress. The PCM would run a test to see of the EGR system was ready and operational. Obviously with it not being there, it could do neither, which then set an EGR code.

That is where programs such as LS1Edit come into play because you can change the type of DTC from a critical (type A) to a non-critical (type D or other).

Most states OBDII scan test check this function and also that all parameters are ready and operational.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts