LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
getting a predator tuner for my 05 gto and would like to know what the ideal settings should be.i want to be able to tweek the canned tune for optimun performance.any help would be greatly welcomed. thanks in advance.btw if anybody has a good set up there using on theres and would like to share it please post.2005 a4 gto.stock.

thanks

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i just did the canned tune and wow t/m is almost gone.from first to second without really trying tires screem.before it was more of a chrip now its like a second gear burnout.cant wait to test at track this weekend.ill see how i run then try to adjust to improve.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What mods do you have?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
iat relocate maf screen delete k&n drop in filter.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it until you get something more indepth like headers and removing the cats at least.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
need to lat least lean it out.tailpipes are black already, 60miles since install

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am almost ready to buy a Predator. I was planning on using their canned tune. If I understand you correctly, their canned tune is so rich that it turned your tailpipes black (60 miles). Could the MAF screen be at fault? I will not buy one if this typical.

·
Registered
926 Posts
JUNIPER9803 My Predator is enroute to me (I think) what tune are you using I have 92 octane so was wondering.

Thanks,
Don..

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its always been rich, i was hoping the canned tune would lean it out.mine is the newest version and showed three choices of tune, i choose the first tune. it didnt specify 92 octane fuel.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
JUNIPER9803 said:
its always been rich, i was hoping the canned tune would lean it out.mine is the newest version and showed three choices of tune, i choose the first tune. it didnt specify 92 octane fuel.
If you're are running as rich as you say you are, I would watch out for excessive Knock Retard up top. You might have to adjust the timing and A/F mixture, I'd be careful to wind it up too high without checking these things out. JMO.....

ROK

·
06 Cyclone Grey M6
18 Posts
I have the predator, and have tried all the tunes. They all start out with various settings working, but quickly deteriorate especially on the bottom end. My car has Kook Lts,K&N Cai, Hi-Flow cats, my mechanic sugested a dynotune as the predator was inadequate to deal with the improved airflow. The obvious problem is the O2 sensors can't handle the increase. I have since scheduled one for next Monday. MAF may also be a problem but the dynotune will fix that too hopefully

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
wwimsatt said:
I have the predator, and have tried all the tunes. They all start out with various settings working, but quickly deteriorate especially on the bottom end. My car has Kook Lts,K&N Cai, Hi-Flow cats, my mechanic sugested a dynotune as the predator was inadequate to deal with the improved airflow. The obvious problem is the O2 sensors can't handle the increase. I have since scheduled one for next Monday. MAF may also be a problem but the dynotune will fix that too hopefully
That's the best thing you can do, hands down.

ROK

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
why would a flash from a predator be different then a flash from hp tuner?

·
please stand by...
1,025 Posts
Cause a tuner with hptuners can change areas of fueling and spark at indiviual load points. Not to mention tailor the spark and fuel maps to the your car and your mods.
Also with dynotune you want to have the most mods on there that is going to keep you happy for while, to mininize the retunes needed.

Unlike a handheld which does a broad based changes. "Most handhelds not all handhelds" just add some timing and that about it.

Or buy HPT setup and take the plunge. soon I will able to help you with that too.

hope that helps.
CT

1 - 15 of 15 Posts