LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exedy makes a real nice setup but a little pricey.Do I go with a single disc or dual disc setup?I intend on doing my LTs in about a week and a good set of MTI stage 2e or 2r heads over the winter.HP will be getting up there so I don't want to replace it for a while.Whats your oppinion.Thanks
Anthony

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My real problem is the weight of these cars.We can produce the same power as an f-body or corvette but we will always require more clutch.I've been looking at the exedy single or dual disc but they're 13-1800.

·
Blue Thunder
821 Posts
I have had real good results outta the Spec 3 that I had in my camaro. Besides a little bit of chatter from it, from what I think was because of the aluminum fywheel, the thing griped like crazy and I drove it every day in the summer. I made at least 25 track passes and had it in there for almost 20K miles and never gave me any trouble, never slipped, and never smelt like it was buring no matter how hard I drove it :)

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats good.It's a lot cheaper than the others.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
SLP has a really nice clutch package but i thinks its a little pricey. i have the Spec 3 on my mod wish list but after hearing what blitzu said, maybe i will go for the Spec 2. but that is aways off. if my clutch goes i will just keep replacing it under warranty for as long as i can.

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stage 3 is where I am leaning.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I'm sure when CMNT sees this thread he'll heartily endorse the SPEC. Clutches run and hide when they see him coming. :D

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
mistermike said:
I'm sure when CMNT sees this thread he'll heartily endorse the SPEC. Clutches run and hide when they see him coming. :D
haha, no joke, he burned up a stocker in less 100 miles i believe. and a spec on the camaro if memory serves. he is definetly the chitown king of burnt clutches. lol

·
Ludicrous Speed!
1,041 Posts
Had an Exedy in my Evo VIII... it worked like a light switch, on or off, very little in between. I either bogged off the line or left 4 patches of rubber, no compromise between the two. Full competition clutches suck for daily driving.

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the hyper single is nice and is rated to 650 ftlbs.I found it for 1214.00 with flywheel.

·
Blue Thunder
821 Posts
Bone said:
the hyper single is nice and is rated to 650 ftlbs.I found it for 1214.00 with flywheel.
My SPEC 3 with their aluminum flywheel was something like $980...I loved that thing. It did have alittle chatter, but nothing unbarable, and the clamping power that thing had made up for the chatter.

Another good clutch would be a RAM clutch. A buddy of mine had one in his camaro and that was awsome too, and not too much money if i can remember right. Cant seem to remember what model it was though.

I would stay away from Centerforce though....had some bad luck with them in my camaro before I baught the SPEC...The thing gernaded at the track on me after something like 5 passes and only 4500 miles.

-Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts