Discussion Starter #1
Torrid Red
Barbados Blue
Impulse Blue
Phantom Black
Cosmos Purple
Quicksilver
Yellow Jacker

I know this is more of a personal preference then an actually saying this color or that color is the best. I personally like the GTO in Impulse Blue, but when i see the Torrid Red, it just looks like a much more eye catching look. Then the Phantom Black makes it look so sleek. The Yellow Jacket, you couldn't miss that car on the road unless there were other cars around it with the same color. The barbados Blue just doesn't have enough and seems to be a more laid back color. While the quicksilver seems to make the car look mad and easy going at the same time. Or im just crazy and looking way to much into the color scheme of the car.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have seen only three colors in person so far. Torrid red , Phantom black, and Yellow Jacket. I will not own another black car since I hate to detail on a regular basis which black or I am guessing the purple will need. The red and yellow are high impact colors. The yellow is nice, but I kept going back to the red car, especially with those cool red gauges. I vote red with a close 2nd for yellow. But have not seen either blue yet, but a Vette I sold last year had a darker pearl type of blue not too far from Impulse blue on it so I think I am ready for a new color entirely. Good luck in your choice.....Craig

·
Been here for a long time...
4,663 Posts
I'm pretty partial to Impulse Blue but I haven't seen it in person yet. I've only seen yellow, silver, black, and Barbados Blue. BB didn't look that bad but my wife didn't like it. I doubt purple would fly with her either and myself for that matter. I'll never own another black car again after going thru hell with the Grand National keeping that clean. I've had my share of red cars over the years. Silver to me just looks like shiny primer. Yellow would probably be the next choice but it does stand out.

·
3,327 Posts
I have not seen Barbados, Black, or Quicksilver in person. I think my second choice would have been Impulse Blue, but I want to see all the colors in person before I claim that. I really want to see that blue interior in person. I think that the Purple would be as hard, if not harder to keep clean. Of course I am biased, and I prefer the Yellow. If you REALLY want to stand out, Yellow is the way to go. My Boss called it "Hello, Officer" Yellow.

Check out how much more the Yellow stands out in this lineup:

·
Yellow Goat
410 Posts
I like Yellow, Silver and Barbados Blue the best. But all are good.

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
1COOLPC said:
I like Yellow, Silver and Barbados Blue the best. But all are good.
I'm biased but I'm partial to the red. :D

·
Been here for a long time...
4,663 Posts
I just saw the purple and I kind of like it. It was around dusk and the color really looked good. Don't know how it looks in bright light though. So maybe the purple moved up a notch for me :)

·
Snagging your fish!!!
157 Posts
I like the Yellow Jacket, and Barbados Blue, but have yet to see the Barbados blue in person. I have seen the Torrid Red, Yellow Jacket, Impluse Blue Mettalic, and Phamton Black, in person.So far, I like the Yellow Jacket, but I wish for 05, they would offer like an "Artic White." Artic White with the red interior, and I'm all over that.

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
Razinhell said:
Torrid Red
Barbados Blue
Impulse Blue
Phantom Black
Cosmos Purple
Quicksilver
Yellow Jacker
Here is a few colours to campaign GM for in the 05 model (or not)
The grey is called Turbine mica, the green is called Hothouse, and the Orange (which is VERY orange) is called Flame. I really like the green and grey. The green was a series I colour and is no longer available.

·
Snagging your fish!!!
157 Posts
wow, that hothouse color reminds me of the Montie Carlo SS that Jon Moss built in the early 90s, I think that it had the same green hues as the hothouse color.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I saw the metallic green in real life, its AWSOME! I also wish they offered the car in that metallic orange color that Commodors had about 4 years ago.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
craigD said:
I have seen only three colors in person so far. Torrid red , Phantom black, and Yellow Jacket. I will not own another black car since I hate to detail on a regular basis which black or I am guessing the purple will need. The red and yellow are high impact colors. The yellow is nice, but I kept going back to the red car, especially with those cool red gauges. I vote red with a close 2nd for yellow. But have not seen either blue yet, but a Vette I sold last year had a darker pearl type of blue not too far from Impulse blue on it so I think I am ready for a new color entirely. Good luck in your choice.....Craig

yes you are right. black is a pain in the A$$ to keep clean. but there is nothing that looks cooler than a freshly washed and wax black paint job. i think the black is sleak and sophisticated.

i like the red but i decided against it b/c red sticks out like a sore thumb.
i also like the impulse blue. just not enough to buy one.

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
My favorite is Phantom Black, closely followed by Cosmos Purple, the worst is definitely Quicksilver.

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
White Rider said:
I saw the metallic green in real life, its AWSOME! I also wish they offered the car in that metallic orange color that Commodors had about 4 years ago.
The orange was called Tiga, the Yellow was called Hyper. They also offered these in the base model Commodores. They still both look pretty good on the road.

·
Registered
629 Posts
isszy said:
Here is a few colours to campaign GM for in the 05 model (or not)
The grey is called Turbine mica, the green is called Hothouse, and the Orange (which is VERY orange) is called Flame. I really like the green and grey. The green was a series I colour and is no longer available.
OH man...........Hothouse green is cool. That would be my choice without a doubt. They need to bring it for 05..............

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Phantom Black and Impulse Blue are the best. Yellow Jacket is such an ugly color in person.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am partial to the Barbados Blue. The Pulse Red offering is tempting as well.

I have a 1984 Buick Grand National and that will be my last "black" toy.

I have seen all of the colors up front of me except for the latest "Pulse red" offering. No insult intended but the yellow and purple sorta look like ricer color offerings. (hee hee) If they offered the burp pipe offering and a large aluminum rear wing it would complete the total image.

Color is a preference and to each their own, but the Barbados Blue really fits the GTO.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
i have seen them all and they are all cool, but i like my impulse blue with the blue leather. but barbados and purple will be more rare becuase they are discontinuing the two colors for 05'.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts