LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering as this weekend seems to be the time I will install it.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
make sure the red is the xtra strength stuff though! A different brand may make red also, but in a lower strength.

·
Administrator
9,486 Posts
Although a number of people have used red, blue is sufficient. I used blue on mine and it has been in use for several months and several thousand miles now, hasn't loosened up at all. I took the lever off recently to secure the knob with silicone and the bolts were still tight.
Blue will also make later disassembly much easier should it be necessary.
Just be sure that whatever loctite you decide to use, that you use it on ALL the bolts- shifter to trans mounting bolts, lever attaching bolts, and stop bolts. Most of the reported GMM problems have been the result of non-loctited bolts coming loose.

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
I have loctite on my B&M and it has gotten loose twice already. i guess it doesn't loc as tite as they claim

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
I used red. Some say it was too much. I hate loose bolts! Blue may be OK. I would go red though.

·
smurfin' fly-by...
1,482 Posts
I haven't had any issues with red loctite on any bolts; car, truck or otherwise - but man, getting those bolts off - pita!

·
I'm gonna get you!
2,812 Posts
jamesbiz said:
I have loctite on my B&M and it has gotten loose twice already. i guess it doesn't loc as tite as they claim
That has nothing to do with the loctite. hats because B&M cannot design a properly tensioned joint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts