LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what colors ya'll were ordering and why you like that particular color?

Example:
I'm getting a Quicksilver
why?
B/c it looks like a rental car and oh how i just love the sleeper image!

·
Registered
50 Posts
That is exactly why I ordered the silver. I didn't want to draw too much attention. Just have the need for speed and to feel the power!

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know if you saw my post about what "your gonna do to your brand new gto" or something to that effect.... but when i get all my emergency equipment installed in it, people will move a hell of a lot quicker for a silver car with flashing red and blues than a black or red or yellow car with flashing red and blues.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I picked Impulse Blue. As I've stated before, I've had 3 white vehicles in a row. I always had to have an eye towards resale and white cars are easy sells. My GTO is just that, MY GTO. I don't care who likes it or doesn't. I ordered the blue interior as well and after seeing the pictures have NEVER been more excited about my choice. If I'd gone with black or silver ext. I would of had to get the red interior. :cool:

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I toiled long and hard between Torrid Red and even a little at Yellow Jacket. I ultimately went blue because I love the Indigo Blue Metallic on my truck and the Impulse is very similar. I've had bright red vehicles before and it will draw attention, it just seemed as though it was always the "wrong" attention I got.

·
Registered
524 Posts
No question Black can really look sharp. I live on an 8/10 mile dirt road that is dusty as hell when dry and a mud hole when wet. No garage (planning one I hope to put them in) After the Grand National swore would never have another black car. Have always liked yellow and now are some good shades out there. Yellow Jacket it is!

·
"PINKY'S UP"
1,610 Posts
I've always liked yellow and thios will be my third yellow car, plus it fits my personality. Bright sunny and cheerie :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
black with black interior. limo tinted black windows, maybe black out the brake lights. stealth mode for me. i like to cruise and hide in traffic, at night its harder for cops to see you!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
danny760 said:
black with black interior. limo tinted black windows, maybe black out the brake lights. stealth mode for me. i like to cruise and hide in traffic, at night its harder for cops to see you!!!
danny - they might not be able to see you, but they will hear you ::D

·
Here come Da Judge
228 Posts
Being a product of the 70’s I tend to like the “muscle car” colors albeit most of them mopar colors i.e. sublime, himi orange, plum crazy and so on. Thus cosmic purple for me, and my favorite band is Deep Purple, thus Purple. Besides I thought everyone would have black, red, silver and yellow, thus purple. I had a 1970 Verdoro green Judge way back when and had purple not been available I would have went with either Barbados or the impulse blue. I had a 1969 gto that I painted a corvette blue (cant remember the exact color) but was very close to the impulse blue (kinda liked that). Anyway I glad they come out with Purple.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Torrid Red because I love red and a sports car always looks good in red. I struggled though between the red, impulse blue, and the phantom black. Then I saw the yellow jacket in the magazines and really liked that color as well. Oh hell, I like all the colors!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm gonna try and get the black or the blue. Just what ever I can get my hands on. I have a hold on a red on red. But i have been thinking i want to blend into traffic. So no red for me. I had a Red sports car for me it ='s Red and Blue lights pulling me over....:p

·
175 Posts
I had to go with Black. I own a black '03 Boxster S and owned a black '00 Lincoln LS and all i got were compliments. Black is the only color i will ever buy on a car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts