LS1GTO.com Forums banner

4621 - 4640 of 4824 Posts

·
05 Looks, 04 Slow
1,174 Posts
I noticed a bit of coolant near the left front tire after parking it in the garage. Upon inspection, it looks like (I hope) it was just drip from the overflow line on the reservoir. The only other line I see that it has any shot of being is the one from the overflow tank to the system, but that looks dry.
Alas, definitely losing coolant again. I see orange on the metal piece holding the PS lines/rack, just in front of the engine. My best guess from a quick look, is the line from the reservoir to the system. I won't be able to confirm till I have it up on ramps.

It seems to be one hose after another, literally back-to-back-to-back failures. It's not surprising, considering the car is 15 years old and has 122k, but it's still a bit frustrating.

·
Is that FWD?
1,015 Posts
Washed, claybar and waxed the GTO. Bought it new in 2004, still sitting at 28,000 miles.
Still don't have any swirl marks in paint since day one, only been hand washed.

·
Is that FWD?
1,015 Posts
How to smurf did you never get marring or any fine scratches hand washing it all the time?
Using the right soap and only microfiber towels to dry and microfiber sponges or microfiber hand mit to wash, use 2 buckets one with clean water one with dirty water and I use a few mirofiber sponges when cleaning. I will also use quick detailer and basically dry wash car with microfiber as well when it is not that dirty.

I also don't drive GTO in rain or in winter, so paint is never really that dirty. GTO hasn't been in rain storm in over 10 years.
Pictures don't do the justice, car looks amazing in person. People always ask me when did I have the GTO repainted.

·
1 of 40,757
6,242 Posts
Looks amazing. Nice to see a well kept QSM.

...for a well cared for car mine is so :gto_rage: from sitting in the garage for 2 years.

I bought a PDR kit to get rid of a couple door dings.
Last weekend my kid was playing in the wife's CRV while I replaced the exhaust system. Every time he got out the drivers side he'd hit the GTO. Needless to say he did not exit the car from the drivers side anymore.

·
Is that FWD?
1,015 Posts
That's pretty much what i do. :dunno: i don't know what would constitute the "right soap" though.

Oh well.
I meant actual car soap, not dishwashing soap that strips wax, etc.

·
The redheaded stepchild
669 Posts
Since I am on a work trip, I can't wrench so I did the next best thing: order parts! Ordered a HP Tuners MPVI2 Pro unit (gonna learn to tune on a boosted car, scary). Still mulling over a T56 Magnum and S1 sequential shifter because I kinda like to eat.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Since I am on a work trip, I can't wrench so I did the next best thing: order parts! Ordered a HP Tuners MPVI2 Pro unit (gonna learn to tune on a boosted car, scary). Still mulling over a T56 Magnum and S1 sequential shifter because I kinda like to eat.
I picked up hptuners this past week too and ordered a carbon driveshaft from Kollar today.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yesterday I had the 13yr old 59k mi sand pitted windshield replaced. Man what difference! Highly recommended. AAA said that getting an OEM would cost more than my coverage, and take much longer to get. So what did they bring? An original, identical FY (FUYAO) complete with molding. The guy said he only sees heavy, felt covered seals like that on luxury cars like Mercedes :)

I didn't post, but a few weeks ago I had to have the ac condenser replaced. The leak was right where the dryer bracket bolts through and hangs on the front of the condenser. Don't know if that's a common problem.

Attachments

·
My other car has wings
443 Posts
Installed my Gforce Level 2 inner axle stubs today. Hardest part of the job was reinstalling the fully assembled cat back exhaust by myself. Old axle stubs came out with a quick hammer stroke on a wedged in between chisel. They are in excellent condition if anybody needs some spares.

·
donde esta la biblioteca
290 Posts
installed a new clutch linkage on my tick performance master cylinder. the original was all wallowed out because it was made of aluminum. the new one is steel and feels like a brand new peddle. 0 play at the top

·
Registered
18 Posts
Installed Lovells rear springs with Koni shocks. I'm behind the power curve but if you havent done this yet it's definitely top on my list now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

4621 - 4640 of 4824 Posts