LS1GTO.com Forums banner

4641 - 4660 of 4822 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
New key fob and gtog8ta black emblems. The new fob works much better than the old one with buttons. Before it wouldnt even unlock/lock the car with the key in my pocket, even sometimes out. New one works instantly.

Really like the emblems too.

Hooked up HpTuners and found out my car has a speed density tune. I think it could be dialed in though now that it has an xair intake. If anyone has opinions on widebands. Id prefer a gauge that has dual display

IMG_20190509_183208_399_1557444741727.jpg

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,036 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Friday swapped to a 102tb and a ls3 maf and retuned.
Saturday threw pedders drag springs and new drag bags on the rear with adjustable konis. Front got adjustable konis with custom valving that goes from about stock to roughly 90/10.

·
My other car has wings
443 Posts
Finished installing the full set of DBA rotors and HAWKS pads I ordered from Kollar last Wednesday. What a difference!! Had an occasional moderate steering wheel shake under light braking. Removed pitted rotors that were at min thickness limit and actually found one set of caliper bolts loose. Probably the reason I had the shakes. These new brakes stop like somebody dropped anchor.

·
donde esta la biblioteca
285 Posts
Since I am on a work trip, I can't wrench so I did the next best thing: order parts! Ordered a HP Tuners MPVI2 Pro unit (gonna learn to tune on a boosted car, scary). Still mulling over a T56 Magnum and S1 sequential shifter because I kinda like to eat.
that shifter is bad ass

·
05 Looks, 04 Slow
1,174 Posts
Moved it out of the garage so I could do some cleaning (listing our house). Saw my small puddle of coolant from the leak I need to fix next week... but also found a few drips of oil. Looks like it could be either the rear main seal or oil pan...one thing after another now!

·
GR-RRR!
4,552 Posts
I walked past it on my way to do some work on the 64 GTO. I did at least check that the trickle charger was working.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Took mine in for Cam Swap … Stage one BTR
Also Clutch.
Dyno results soon

·
Is that FWD?
1,015 Posts
After cleaning up the GTO a few weeks back, I am trying to get the perfect paint on my black Tahoe. It just hasn't been right since I got it. Finally got out all the scratches and swirls with Chemical Guys VSS scratch remover and V36 final grade polish with buffer, then hand wax. This is flat black paint, no metallic, so it seems to show everything.

Dealership prepped it wrong and ruined the paint, no way was I letting them fix it, been trying to fix the paint for last year.

Finally it turned out pretty good. The reflection is amazing now.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I finally finished my front suspension overhaul. I installed my KMAC front camber adjustable coil over top mounts. I got a good bit of room for additional wheel. I then installed the gforce coil over spacers. I needed to make some shims to allow the bc coilovers to bolt to the spacers. It would be a good idea if they were available from gforce. I then had to modify the coilovers themselves to allow the suspension geometry to get back more to the stock measurements. I now have 18x9.5+40 2006 Z06 wheels with 275 tires up front with all the room in the world. I have a rough measurement of 1.4 neg camber and the car drives straight and true. I still have to get sway bar end links. The changed coilover placement has made the original bc ones to short. I am ordering a set of longer adjustable ones from Kollar as soon as I have more money.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Finally changed to the trunk struts with the ones from GTOG8TA.
PITA trying to open the trunk, needed to use two hands, and risk of it coming down and hitting me !

·
Registered
928 Posts
Getting ready for Pontiac in Pigeon Forge Tn this weekend.
20190522_181720.jpg

Attachments

4641 - 4660 of 4822 Posts