LS1GTO.com Forums banner

4701 - 4720 of 4818 Posts

·
1 of 40,757
6,235 Posts
Still sitting @ 75k miles collecting door dings and dirt.

I did work on 2 of the worst dings using a PDR kit. still have to tap the highs down after pulling them out but I can barely find the dings now.

I did get the eccentric control arm bushings and clutch in. Just waiting for the trans. I bought a 1 piece ds about a year ago.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts
Still sitting @ 75k miles collecting door dings and dirt.

I did work on 2 of the worst dings using a PDR kit. still have to tap the highs down after pulling them out but I can barely find the dings now.

I did get the eccentric control arm bushings and clutch in. Just waiting for the trans. I bought a 1 piece ds about a year ago.

Mmmmm, VZ’s...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Had to swap out to a new ls3 maf housing. I was using a spectre, high suggest no one EVER use that trash. It warps after some heat and then let's unmetered air in.
Using an airaid now.

·
1 of 40,757
6,235 Posts
Mmmmm, VZ’s...
After 2 years she might roll on them soon.

After installing the clutch a couple months ago I noticed a drip where the rear main seal cover meets the oil pan. So rather than install the trans only to have to take it back out, I pulled the clutch and swapped in a new cover and seal.
Got the clutch back in, sorted out the hydraulic lines (SS braided, heat wrapped and a bleeder) and plugged the trans in (solo without a trans jack).
Replaced the trans tunnel gasket, installed shifter and installed a 1 piece DSS aluminum DS (cut seat belt bolts).

Only exhaust, clutch bleed, exhaust manifold gaskets and rear camber adjustment left to do.

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts
What's the reason for it sitting for 2 years? Life?

·
1 of 40,757
6,235 Posts
What's the reason for it sitting for 2 years? Life?
Yeah kid/wife/house take priority. Completed fixing up windows, painting a deck, building a deck, landscaping (shoveled 6000lbs of decorative stone on Saturday). More to do but I have my head above water now.

Was a lot of fun working on the GTO.

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts
Sounds like me and my 05. I've driven it exactly 0 miles since last July. Worked on my 04 all last year, home projects, 2 new puppies, and living life with an active wife who doesn't like sitting around the house on the weekends.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Yeah kid/wife/house take priority. Completed fixing up windows, painting a deck, building a deck, landscaping (shoveled 6000lbs of decorative stone on Saturday). More to do but I have my head above water now.

Was a lot of fun working on the GTO.
Family I can understand. But I put my car ahead of my house; The way I see it, I can live in my car, but I can't drive my house to work..so there's that.

·
1 of 40,757
6,235 Posts
Family I can understand. But I put my car ahead of my house; The way I see it, I can live in my car, but I can't drive my house to work..so there's that.
I hear ya but I had a hard time devoting time to the car when I should have been getting house stuff done. Mainly to keep the wife happy but after having the siding done the rest of it needed an update. I have to give her credit, not one complaint about the non-running car in the garage going no where for 2 years.

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts
Keeping it maintained so you can get to work; absolutely. That's a no-brainer.

Dropping $5k on your car in mods, but your roof is in desperate need of replacement; you've got issues.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My Goat sat for a few years and got moved across the country twice. Finally starting to work on the car again. Installed these DDM HID’s I bought here on the forum. Waiting for my Svede from blue dream to arrive later this week.

I did suspension front and back, 1 piece ds, headliner and some other stuff this year.

I have the rear main seal on the list as well. I bought the GM plate here, just not looking forward to pulling my A4. And of course, while the trans is out you might as well.....

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks! Car has been in my family since new. You guys on the forum have been a great help.

·
Rockin the Bakken
319 Posts
Adjusted the superheat setting on my AC expansion valve. Opened it until I saw frost on the suction line then closed it 1/8 of a turn. Pressures are perfect now.

·
1 of 40,757
6,235 Posts
Installed new exhaust manifold gaskets, bled the clutch, installed new midpipe gaskets along with the rest of the exhaust system. Having a hard time adjusting rear camber. When I installed the bushings it was easy to adjust. It is tough to get a wrench on the bolt while having enough leverage. I’ll deal with that when I’m not beat.

Just have to deal with the camber, oil change and I can fire her up.

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,494 Posts
I replaced the radiator and changed the oil.

4701 - 4720 of 4818 Posts