LS1GTO.com Forums banner

4721 - 4740 of 4819 Posts

·
1 of 40,757
6,235 Posts
Got mine running today. Seems to work. No leaks, yet.
Clutch release is near the floor but I’ve read that is normal. China shifter works better than I thought it would. Not bad but needs more insulation to quell the trans noise. I like how noisy this car is. I must be getting old because the magnaflows don’t seem quiet anymore.

Attachments

·
1 of 40,757
6,235 Posts
Got the engine bay cleaned up for the first time in a decade.

Ended up slicing my finger open with the inner edge of the fender next to the ecu. 4 stitches. Lol got to love urgent care. Took about 20 mins.

After a few short drives I was unable to shift into 1st, 3rd, 5th and reverse. I realized that I left the adjustable stops in my chinesium shifter. So I jacked up the car, removed the white boot flange and took out the adjustable stops. All fine now. I’m loving the shifter, especially since I paid $50 for it.

Unfortunately my DSS one piece seems to be inducing a lot of vibration from 3500rpm and up. Seems to get worse with higher gears and when on throttle. Driving around normally it’s fine. I’ll be rotating the shaft 180 degrees from where it is now. Crossing stitched fingers that takes care of it. I’ll look at the pinion angles as well.

Here’s a shot of my clutch and bleeder lines. Ran them as far from the headers I could.

Attachments

·
1 of 40,757
6,235 Posts
I have read that you have to pull the seats to get the headliner our, so if that's true, I may just pay to have it done. Did you have to and how hard was it?

Mine started sagging on the entire passenger's side, so I've used about 3 dozen of these, painted black, to hold it up and not look tacky.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41WsqBoMmtL._AC_SS350_.jpg
I got mine out and back in without removing the seats. Wasn't sagging, had a short term mouse issue.

·
Worthless reject member
36,292 Posts
I have read that you have to pull the seats to get the headliner our, so if that's true, I may just pay to have it done. Did you have to and how hard was it?

Mine started sagging on the entire passenger's side, so I've used about 3 dozen of these, painted black, to hold it up and not look tacky.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41WsqBoMmtL._AC_SS350_.jpg
Smurf no.

You need to remove the a, b, and c pillar covers. I am sure removing the seats makes it easier... but it isn't required.

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts

·
Administrator
7,997 Posts

·
1 of 40,757
6,235 Posts
Were there mouse turds...
Was about 7 years ago. I had the car in a storage unit. Some mice half built a nest in the headliner near driver side a pillar. I had no idea until I took the car out of storage and it sounded like quarters rolling around in the head liner. Turned out to be candies they found somewhere.

Took all the interior out besides the front seats. Washed, cleaned and disinfected. Really was'nt that bad but I was pretty upset considering how sterile I've kept my gto. There was a decent amount of mouse poops under the rear passenger seat plastic. I think they gave up on building a home in the headliner and found a comfy spot in the rear seat foam.

Good grief. How long has your car been sitting?
Rarely driven over the last 9 years and the only time I did drive it was during the summer. Was on jacks with the trans out for at least 2 years.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Replaced the GlowShift electrical oil pressure gauge with a mechanical Autometer. No more "ticking". Much better comfort level with accurate pressure readings.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,093 Posts
I installed an MGW-P to replace my tired GMM the other day. I also installed a reproduction shift knob from GTOG8TA and I found an NOS shift boot and an NOS center bezel on eBay.

·
1 of 40,757
6,235 Posts
Had some vibration from 1 piece driveshaft.
Replaced motor mounts. The originals are about 1/4 shorter. No fluid in them but no cracked rubber and are still 1 piece (85k miles).
Some of the vibration has been eliminated. Hoping new trans mount will take care of the rest.
Will be checking drive shaft pinion angles when replacing trans mount.
Need to replace trans output seal while in there as well.

·
LS9 FTW
212 Posts
I installed an MGW-P to replace my tired GMM the other day. I also installed a reproduction shift knob from GTOG8TA and I found an NOS shift boot and an NOS center bezel on eBay.
Impressions of the MGW-P vs. GMM (at least when it was not worn out)?

4721 - 4740 of 4819 Posts