LS1GTO.com Forums banner

4761 - 4780 of 4813 Posts

·
1 of 40,757
6,226 Posts
QSM is going to be a bear to match, i would imagine. I'm trying to paint a IBM bumper and i can already see it's too dark. I really think it has to do with the flake in the paint not coming out. Maybe it's settling to the bottom of the can and i really need to shake it for like an hour beforehand, lol.
Hockeyman painted a rear insert qsm for me that came out perfect. I'll have to ask him where he got his mix.
Dealership repainted the rear left corner of my car when I bought it. I believe the color is a good match it's the clear coat laid on thicker than the original which changes how dark the silver looks depending on position of the light source. Later afternoons its darker. than the rest of the car. Pretty good match the rest of the time. I'm mostly over it 13 years later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone still working on theses cars? My son purchased his 06 new. I decided to buy him out, fix the car and keep it for him at a later date. Reading about the issues with this car, most appear to be small issues, some poor design by Holden.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Re-installed the front fascia after having it halfway ripped off during the flooding. Somehow, the lower grill got pushed in and rotated 180 degrees. While I was repairing, I made 2 of the DIY bumper tab fix plates.??? Frustratingly, the left side still sticks out a tad. Might have to go with a mini latch system.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Today I decided to figure out exact ratio of rear wheel vs spring travel. Ratio turned out to be 1.6. What this means is that 10 kg/mm or 560 lbs/in rear spring is effectively acting as 350 lbs/in spring.
Now I can actually get some racing shocks made up to match my spring rates :)

·
Chief CAD monkey
711 Posts
Installed an adjustable clutch master cylinder I acquired from Nothubertjfarnsworth. Every bit as frustrating and tedious as I was led to believe. There are still two nuts behind the carpet somewhere. Broke the horn bracket off the strut tower. Raining so no test drive. Applied Lexol conditioner to my seats instead.

·
Premium Member
35,685 Posts
Installed an adjustable clutch master cylinder I acquired from Nothubertjfarnsworth. Every bit as frustrating and tedious as I was led to believe. There are still two nuts behind the carpet somewhere. Broke the horn bracket off the strut tower. Raining so no test drive. Applied Lexol conditioner to my seats instead.
Say wut

·
Chief CAD monkey
711 Posts
Lexol does smell nice. Love the stuff...and their Vinylex? product.
I like the Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant for the plastics. Just the right amount of shine with UV protection. My interior still looks like new...well maybe 18 months old.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Over the past couple weeks I discovered cracks on my KWV3 struts so I sent them in and while they are out I did the old clutch swap (replace pilot bearing, rear cover/seal, Centerforce DF2 clutch kit, slave cylinder, 18" remote bleeder, shielded SS clutch line), put some Redline High Temp ATF in the tranny, and changed my oil while I was under there, noticed my DS support bearing bushing was destroyed so replaced that (separated driveshaft to replace it, did not replace DS), put the stock catback back on so I don't have to worry about sound at road courses (with headers and a cam it still sounds pretty beefy), replaced passenger tie rod end and tie rod boot and did a pedders steering rack bushing while I was in there. Just have to put the two struts back on once they come back (2-3 weeks to get the strut housing from Germany....) and do the driver side tie rod end.

In my garage I have some black suede material to replace the headliner material (its sagging) and I also have a instrument panel bezel off of ebay and some PVC elbows. The plan is to craft a dual-gauge bezel for oil temp and oil pressure so I can monitor them more easily at the track.

Meanwhile the family is getting sick of me working on cars (a couple months ago I tore the 6.0 in my truck open to put some 243 heads and a truck cam in there) so those last two projects are going to be a bit!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Got my suede headliner in. The 3M adhesive I used got VERY sticky a lot faster than I expected, so I ended up getting a few minor creases on there but in the car you can barely notice. I'm happy, better than the sagging mess that was there before.

Also got a 24" crows foot and did my driver side tie rod end on. Now just waiting on my KWs to come back...

4761 - 4780 of 4813 Posts