LS1GTO.com Forums banner

4961 - 4980 of 5067 Posts

·
Powdercoat all of it
188 Posts
Sweet. Did you feel like you wrestled a bear afterwards?
Bet it smells better!
The worst part was lifting those heavy bastards in and out of the car. Otherwise, the bears were pretty friendly. I've done covers from hawksthirdgen, scat, lethal interiors and now lseat for 4th gen camaro, 4th gen firebird, 57 chevy and now gto. These went on the easiest of all kits, presumably due to the deep bolstering, which allows the covers to stretch a little more to get them on. Like I said, worst part was how heavy the front seats were.

·
Registered
2005 GTO MT Red, Red, Pee the bed.
39 Posts
The worst part was lifting those heavy bastards in and out of the car. Otherwise, the bears were pretty friendly. I've done covers from hawksthirdgen, scat, lethal interiors and now lseat for 4th gen camaro, 4th gen firebird, 57 chevy and now gto. These went on the easiest of all kits, presumably due to the deep bolstering, which allows the covers to stretch a little more to get them on. Like I said, worst part was how heavy the front seats were.
Whom did you get the covers from? I have done a couple over the years myself. It,s a labor of love if you dont do it very often. I like to add seat heaters when I do it and really get an upgrade.(y)

·
Worthless reject member
40,155 Posts
I installed wideband into passenger 02 sensor bung. Going to attempt using my LC2 wideband controller output #2 to simulate narrowband.
The old sensor's threads gave out upon removal and was able to get wideband sensor in.
I am too lazy today to weld in a new bung and too excited to get to tuning today not to try.
Figured I would use the heater in the old one, hook signal low (white) to battery negative post and signal high (blue) to the LC2's 2nd analog output.
Hope I don't let the magic smoke out of anything! View attachment 501997

·
Registered
39 Posts
Trust me, if I had one I might have used it. I have it working in that position now. The sensor is much more responsive than the old style that I would have never have used.
Down side for me is the boot up time of the controller. Start up can get a little rich until it is online.
The car came with long tubes into a high flow cats that might be gutted. Not having to have my cars sniffed buy the man were I live, I guess I have some options to find out if gutted or not. I said I was lazy, so dropping it to see is out and the I.R. thermometer is in. Anyway, I will be replacing the narrowband sensor with the screwed up threads and move the Wideband sensor aft of the cat since it has the Narrowband in them now I have no use for.;)

·
1 of 40,757
6,397 Posts
Is that a GTOG8? I put electronic fuel and NO2 gauges in, that took some extensive modifying. Maybe the nature of the electronic AM beast?
I should have taken a clearer pic. I bought these SCSS gauges back in 2012. Time flies!

The GTOG8TA pod looks similar but they do not do a GTO matching gauge color and font.

[edit] crap pic. I'll post a better one.

DF60188C-5913-4F33-804B-6ADA49627355.png

·
Registered
300 Posts
I should have taken a clearer pic. I bought these SCSS gauges back in 2012. Time flies!

The GTOG8TA pod looks similar but they do not do a GTO matching gauge color and font. View attachment 502157
Gauges look good, have not seen them before. I don't suppose electronic pressure units are offered in that motif? It's important to me to keep flammable liquids and oxidizers out of the interior of the cart. I believe it is the Autometer gauges, they are just bigger that most standards.

·
1 of 40,757
6,397 Posts
Gauges look good, have not seen them before. I don't suppose electronic pressure units are offered in that motif? It's important to me to keep flammable liquids and oxidizers out of the interior of the cart. I believe it is the Autometer gauges, they are just bigger that most standards.
I don't believe anyone makes the gauges with a GTO face anymore.
The oil pressure gauge is electronic. I used a glowshift oil filter sandwich plate for the pressure transducer.

No experience with them but speedhut sells CAN-BUS gauges. Supposedly they do custom lettering and faces. Not sure if they do a GTO one.

·
Is that FWD?
1,077 Posts
Moved GTO out of the way and cleaned up garage some to make room for new daily driver. This and GTO will be in garage.

·
Is that FWD?
1,077 Posts
Was looking at those durango srt's for a bit. Nice.
I had 2018 Tahoe RST with 6.2L, the lease was ending on that soon, so got out of the lease a little early and bought the SRT. Hard to not starting modifying it already.
Already managed a 4.4, 4.5 and 4.6 second run to from 0-60MPH. Feels faster than I expected it would be. Still breaking it in.

·
Is that FWD?
1,077 Posts
Definitely quick for such a behemoth.
Yes it is. I can tow my boat, etc. Perfect setup for what I wanted, fun to drive and quick. It has snow mode, locks out 1st gear and does 50/50 split for AWD. It has tons of other modes too, but all around great SUV. Exactly what I was looking for.

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
The oil pressure gauge is electronic. I used a glowshift oil filter sandwich plate for the pressure transducer.

No experience with them but speedhut sells CAN-BUS gauges. Supposedly they do custom lettering and faces. Not sure if they do a GTO one.
Mavman took those over. I installed a set a few months ago, so still readily available from him:

·
Registered
300 Posts

To late, I'm 750 bucks into this one. 🙃

·
Registered
39 Posts
Replaced the PCV hose that crumbled during intake swap with correct one. The temporary line I had was not moulded and the loop almost touched the battery.

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
575 Posts
Downloaded the stock tune, modified some things in HP Tuners, and uploaded the modified tune. I'll test it out in the morning, mostly shift point and TCC settings, plus upping the rev limiter a little.

4961 - 4980 of 5067 Posts