LS1GTO.com Forums banner

4981 - 5000 of 5067 Posts

·
Is that FWD?
1,077 Posts
Hand washed with foam cannon, clay bar, polish with buffer, then ceramic coating. Took me about 8 hours.
20200516_095533.jpg

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,338 Posts
Took it to the dyno and cried after watching my new smog-test approved cats and regular gasonline versus E85 and my fuel bucket emptying out stole all my horsedollars.

·
Administrator
20,338 Posts
Not sure, the fuel bucket was emptying out during the pull and the AFR shotup to ultron lean so I stopped the pulls. Running out of fuel around 4500 RPM so around 550HP :(
Teach me to go to the dyno without a full tank of fuel. Also this was a different dyno than ive used in the past and the torque seems higher than it should be.

·
wHaT a LoVeLy DaY!
939 Posts
Not sure, the fuel bucket was emptying out during the pull and the AFR shotup to ultron lean so I stopped the pulls. Running out of fuel around 4500 RPM so around 550HP :(
Teach me to go to the dyno without a full tank of fuel. Also this was a different dyno than ive used in the past and the torque seems higher than it should be.
Did you fail a state inspection? Sorry if you already stated why you had to get cats.

·
Administrator
20,338 Posts
Did you fail a state inspection? Sorry if you already stated why you had to get cats.
Yeah my original circa 2008 Stainless Works hi-flo cats stopped passing the sniffer test so I got some longer, more effective cats which had an immediate effect on power. Also, over the last few years the local e85 stations have stopped selling e85, so back to gasoline :( I love corn juice.

·
Is that FWD?
1,077 Posts
Did you get the Aces from MavMan? You must have got them before they became unobtainable. What is your opinion of the fit & function?
Thanks.
Yes, I picked them up from MavMan in February 2019. Fitment is perfect, no rubbing even with 275's in rear. Super light and best quality rim I have ever had. I have been through 4 different sets of rims/tires on GTO. I am running Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer tire, also best tire I have ever had, traction is amazing and basically very little wheel spin even on hard launches.

19x8.5 front 245/35/19 45mm offset in front
19x9.5 rear 275/30/19 52mm offset in rear

Front rim and tire 45.2 lbs.
Rear rim and tire 47.2 lbs.

·
The Heap
1,401 Posts
I recovered the center console lid. $25 on ebay, matches the boot and ebrake. Why would Pontiac stitch the boots in red and the console lid black? Doesn't matter anymore!
View attachment 502227
Do you have a link? I am curious if they have blue, mine has seen better days.

Edit: found it and ordered it

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
404 Posts
Completed my gauge install. After seeing some not so perfect, glad to have a nice fit.

View attachment 502125
I'm still in the process of making my gauge pod. Having something nice which is a simple "Plug& Play"is SOO nice! Looks real good. Seeing these makes me want to get mine done RIGHT NOW!

Reactions: LS2-GTO

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
404 Posts
I recovered the center console lid. $25 on ebay, matches the boot and ebrake. Why would Pontiac stitch the boots in red and the console lid black? Doesn't matter anymore!
View attachment 502227
X2!

Or, sew in a silver panel on each side to tie into the console trim look.

In response to LS2-GTO's post, You canget the gauges without the GTO logo on them. It's a special order and I had him do that for me. It did take a while, but they look GREAT!

·
Worthless reject member
40,155 Posts
View attachment 502227
I agree.

The factory hvac knobs are another point of contention... i wonder if they still sell the billet aluminum replacements?

·
Powdercoat all of it
188 Posts
How easy was this to install?
Pretty easy, I used a Phillips head #2 for all the fasteners, a flat head to remove the existing staples, and a staple gun to reinstall. 40 minutes from removing the first screw to reinstalling the same screw. I highly recommend, best 25 bucks I've spent on the car!

4981 - 5000 of 5067 Posts