LS1GTO.com Forums banner

5021 - 5040 of 5068 Posts

·
Worthless reject member
40,163 Posts
startup airflow is a pain to get just right. If it isn't it will either flare up or stumble. My issues were getting hot startups right, at temps in between running temp and cold. i guess it was mostly because the car didn't sit at those temps for long and i never had much of a chance to fiddle with the settings at those intermediate coolant temperatures. it could still use some fine tuning, tbh. i haven't had to mess with the cranking fuel on my ls2.

my thing would be to just make sure you get the base airflow dialed in right, and the base idle spark. startup airflow should really only need a lot of extra airflow in the first few cells on the table, then it should taper off pretty quick.

·
Is that FWD?
1,077 Posts
I was testing 0 to 60 mph runs with an OBD2 Bluetooth sensor. Got a best run of 3.72 seconds on the street with little to no wheel spin with PS 4s tires and new forged rims cars feels more responsive. No brake torquing, just smashing pedal and stall jumps it right to 3200 or so RPM. If I brake torque it way too much wheel spin and way slower times.

·
Chickun maka lousy houspet
404 Posts

·
Powdercoat all of it
190 Posts
Cut the radiator shroud for the xair Install, and painted the new Dorman ls2. It's smoothed and mildly ported. Pretty sure it was the last new one under 500 bucks...

·
WOODWARDSGTO
467 Posts
Well today I finally finished putting the kooks headers on and mounted the cats. hopefully I can still move tomorrow, So I can put all he under hood stuff back on and fire the beast up. But more then likely it will be a few more days. As my back and neck can only do so much in one day. Then Im down for a few days. This has been on going for the last month an 1/2.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Over the weekend, I removed the trunk insert due to a rattling noise when closing the trunk.

The left side attachment points were broken off and one of the middle holders was broken.

A little JB Weld Original and all is good.

I must say that removing the insert was not all that easy as the middle clips are not easily accessible.
And since I had the insert removed, I installed LED bulbs for the license plate illumination.

A little detailing of the GTO:

And finally, I installed the Porsche GT3 brake cooling deflectors.

Having fun with my GTO!

·
Is that FWD?
1,077 Posts
Father's day gift! 😎 Happy Father's day to all of the dads and happy wrenching! Replaced the stock strut tower brace with the BMR one.

View attachment 502840

I paid little extra and had it color matched to quicksilver on my GTO.

Reactions: EZ28

·
Registered
710 Posts
Changed the belts (Gates) and all the idler & tensioner pulleys to get rid of a squeak-squeak-squeak on cold start up that I've had for many months. The replacement Gates pulleys seemed better made than the OEM ones, up until I got to the AC tensioner. The Gates-branded replacement was a little thicker and would hit the bracket behind it and bind. I had to order another plastic AC Delco to replace it.

Once it was all done, I spun all the old ones on my finger and they were clearly not smooth spinning as the new ones.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Over the weekend, I removed the trunk insert due to a rattling noise when closing the trunk.

The left side attachment points were broken off and one of the middle holders was broken.

A little JB Weld Original and all is good.
Weird, I had to do this a few weeks ago too
IMG_20200412_101104.jpg

IMG_20200412_101010.jpg

·
Registered
114 Posts
Changed the belts (Gates) and all the idler & tensioner pulleys to get rid of a squeak-squeak-squeak on cold start up that I've had for many months. The replacement Gates pulleys seemed better made than the OEM ones, up until I got to the AC tensioner. The Gates-branded replacement was a little thicker and would hit the bracket behind it and bind. I had to order another plastic AC Delco to replace it.

Once it was all done, I spun all the old ones on my finger and they were clearly not smooth spinning as the new ones.
I did this on my car a few weeks ago, got it all buttoned back up and realized I forgot to replace the AC idler....:mad::mad::mad:

5021 - 5040 of 5068 Posts