LS1GTO.com Forums banner

5061 - 5080 of 5093 Posts

·
Powdercoat all of it
217 Posts
Are those arp's?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Yep, ARP. That was bolt 7 of 10 on the second head on the 80ft-lb pass. Every hole was clean and dry, you see the tap in the pic.

Look on the bright side, she will finally get that cam you wanted me to get. And an aluminum 6.2. Short block shopping today! I already ordered an improved racing crank scraper.

·
Powdercoat all of it
217 Posts
You lubed the threads, i would imagine, since the washer and head is also lubed.

Dang. Wonder how that happened.
Yeah, threads were lubed, oil was removed from the washer prior to lube, I followed the instructions to a t. I always pucker when installing head bolts, this time, the pucker was warranted.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Installed a trans temp gauge & swapped driveshafts. Went DSS aluminum and it is possible to do without removing any part of the exhaust system (contrary to what I've read before).

·
Powdercoat all of it
217 Posts
Trimmed and fit intake tract. Xair, Dorman ls2 and 100mm maf makes for a tight fit!

·
GR-RRR!
5,652 Posts
I drove mine around 70 miles yesterday. First real drive since I had the tune touched up due to poor MPG. The MPG jumped up and it is still running fantastic. Amazing what one little setting can do.

·
GR-RRR!
5,652 Posts
He bumped the timing up just a bit and altered when the cruise table is used or not used. Prior, the cruise table was ignored at too low of an RPM (like equal to 65 MPH or above). We move the cruise table to be used up to about 2500 RPM.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,147 Posts
Trimmed and fit intake tract. Xair, Dorman ls2 and 100mm maf makes for a tight fit! View attachment 503158
You clean air side PCV is route pre-MAF, is that intentional?

·
Worthless reject member
40,364 Posts
He bumped the timing up just a bit and altered when the cruise table is used or not used. Prior, the cruise table was ignored at too low of an RPM (like equal to 65 MPH or above). We move the cruise table to be used up to about 2500 RPM.
I see.

Not sure what table you are referring to on an 05/06 car.

·
GR-RRR!
5,652 Posts
I see.

Not sure what table you are referring to on an 05/06 car.
My terms could be wrong. But the cruise "settings" were not being engaged as he had them turning off at any RPM above 1500. Has nothing to do with power enrichment, etc. I don't know, I'm certainly not well versed in specifics inside the tuning process.

5061 - 5080 of 5093 Posts