LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a freind of mine who knows a lot about cars. he's building his 402 stroked and procharged gto all him self and he's done a lot of work so i'm assuming he knows a thing or two. he was telling me about this grounding kit that will clean up the system and make for a better and more consistent spark which is supposed to generate an extra 3-10 hp? costs about 80 bucks? someone please give me some info o n it.

·
Suffering Fools
15,298 Posts

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so what would it take to install it. and this grounds the entire electrical system?

·
Suffering Fools
15,298 Posts
Your entire electrical system is already grounded. It wouldn't work if it wasn't. What the kit does is add supplemental grounds from the battery to the engine block and another cable to connect to the alternator.

You might see 9hp if you're running MSD blaster packs and 10mm wires and FI or nitrous. Stock, it won't do much for you.

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll leep that inmind. thank you. i'm surprised no one else is giving some info lol i guess they are all asleep.

·
Suffering Fools
15,298 Posts

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol yeah thanks for making me feel stupid. i thought i did a good job of searching to. didn't know it was called hyperground. i put in the wrong search perameters. thanks for the links

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
More than one ground is not ideal, your best bet if you want to do something like this is to update the current ground with larger gauge wire and clean up the spot where it is currently grounded.

·
Administrator
9,491 Posts
You can't "make HP" by adding some ground wires. If the existing grounding in the vehicle is sufficiently poor you may be losing some power or driveability, and improving the grounding will correct the problem making it appear that you now have more HP.
As mentioned buying someone's premade grounding kit for $$ is a waste of money when you can accomplish the same thing by yourself either by cleaning up the factory grounds or adding a wire or two in the right places. The ones that cost hundreds and claim to "stabilize" or regulate the electrical system are the biggest BS, the battery and voltage regulator you already have do this job just fine.
On a newer vehicle like ours the factory grounds should be adequate. If you're really nuts and have access to some precision measuring equipment you can check for resistances and voltage drops across the factory grounds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts