LS1GTO.com Forums banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,136 Posts
The ZF came in 89. The 89-91 cars were TPI units. The LT1 debuted in 92.

·
Administrator
9,488 Posts
Crap. I was reading wiki wrong. OK so I guess I'm looking for a 92 unless the 90-91 is too good of a deal to pass up.

Body and electrics DGAF. Engine, brakes, trans, rearend... if they are prone to self immolation I'd be interested in hearing about it.

92 is as young as I want to go so I'm immune from emissions testing.

·
12,136 Posts
Do they still do emissions with OBDII? In Delaware, they just check for codes on OBDII cars. No codes? Good to go.

If that's the case, you could do a 96.

13,889 Posts
Anything particular (mechanically) that I should be looking out for in an LT1 (90-92 range) besides the Optispark?

I'm specifically trying to find one with a ZF 6SPD, not the Doug Nash 4+3.
They have the Black Tag ZF6 which is noisy but strong as hell.

The injectors are not made to handle ethanol fuel which can cause issues. What's nice is you can check the check engine codes on the dash. All you need is a paperclip. :)

89-91 have ZF6 and are TPI. 92+ are LT1.

·
Administrator
9,488 Posts
Well, I happened along an 85 that is a bit rough but I think will fit the bill. It has the 4+3 in it so I had to make that consession. I'll be going to take a look at it in the next couple of days.

·
12,136 Posts
I believe a TKO swap is rather easy on the C4s.

13,889 Posts
I think mid 85 they did a swap to a little bit better version of the 4+3, as in small updates. Fluid change is KEY!!!

MuhThugga, that Copper C4 you sent me with 160k miles is down to 4k. Sid's sent me a text with the link.

·
12,136 Posts
Nice. You should scoop that up.

Hilarious that he initially wanted $7500 for that thing.

·
12,136 Posts
I'm pretty sure they came with a ramhorn-style manifold. I could be wrong, though.

·
Administrator
9,488 Posts
I'm it sure what this has then. They are definitely not cast.

It does have a TB spacer and if I recall correctly some edelbrock valve covers.

Whatever.. after I get it I'll fix the dumb shit like the sticky e brake and go have fun.

·
Administrator
9,488 Posts
I'm picking this thing up on Saturday. 1985 Corvette with the 4+3, 100k miles, grey cloth interior, red exterior. It's not pretty, but it's cheap and I think it fits the bill of what I'm going to do with it.

Needs a few things. I'm going to do the usual... fluids, drain the gas (it hasn't been on the road much in 3 years), general tuneup, fix some gnarly looking wiring... burnouts... you know, the usual.

The engine has been rebuilt, and whoever put it back in wired it with shit from Radio Shack, so I'm probably going to end up getting a new harness at some point.

·
Administrator
13,113 Posts
Pictures???

·
Administrator
8,098 Posts

·
12,136 Posts
The engine has been rebuilt, and whoever put it back in wired it with shit from Radio Shack,
Gotta love hillbilly wiring.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts