81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,073 Posts
Sweet. Even came with C5Z wheels.

·
Screwed
13,889 Posts
Not really. But if your son can reach the bottom of the tank. I think it's like 8 bolts around the filler and to get the pump out. Easy peasy. He can scoop it out and then use rags to soak up what's left.

·
Can't remove spark plugs
654 Posts
I dunno if it's major surgery by some standards, but I sprung a timing chain gasket leak back in October. We also decided to replace the water pump/hoses/radiator because they were looking pretty rough and are 20 years old. New Hoses are Silicone so will last a ridiculously long time, radiator is now aluminum so a bit of weight is taken off.

I also had to replace the fan because the bearing went bad and the blades were chewing themselves up on the shroud. My viper has a small offset fan, newer Gen 2 Vipers have a large center fan. I'll be upgrading to the larger fan so that's a perk.

It's not the exhaust system like I wanted to do, but at least this way I can hit the drag strip/autox with little worries on the cooling system!

·
Seriously?
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Well, it is going to be a little bit before I can buy one. The plus side is that I will be starting a new job in February and when I hit top rate, 6 figures should be obtainable. I need a bigger garage so buying a bigger house will be priority number 1. On the plus side, the GTO will remain in the stable.

·
12,073 Posts
That's good. Clean GTOs are hard to come by nowadays.

·
Seriously?
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
That's good. Clean GTOs are hard to come by nowadays.
They are... It pains me to see a ragged out one going down the road. I know for a fact that if I sold mine I will regret it and trying to find one as immaculate as mine will be a bitch. C4s are just a ridiculous bargain for what they are and I hope I can jump in one while the getting is still good.

·
12,073 Posts
Yeah. My hope is to find a C4 roller and drop a 302 into it.

·
Can't remove spark plugs
654 Posts
I've been debating on buying a reasonably used C5 or even C6 for a daily... winters up here suck but I bet blizzak's or mich X-Ice's would do the trick. I'll have to do more research but for as cool as say the ATS-V or Quadrifoglio is, I suspect you can get the same/better perf for the dollar in Corvette land.

·
12,073 Posts
I think ground clearance would be the main issue. Blizzaks can only help so much when the snout starts acting as a plow.

81 - 100 of 115 Posts