LS1GTO.com Forums banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Rambler is stuck in 2nd gear
2,056 Posts
I didn't read all of the posts but the C4's had forged aluminum suspension parts instead of cast. Big plus in my opinion. I visited Mercury Marine in Oklahoma when they were manufacturing the Z engine in the boat engine plant. There was a separate section for just the Z engine and they had their own aluminum foundry.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Actually searching ebay. It was at a performance car dealer here in AZ so i got a chance to look it over and test drive it before I bought it.

·
NineInchNutswinger
3,237 Posts
Cool car- congrats. Do you know why they have the C4 style rims though? I thought they changed them to the 5 spoke after one year?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Those are the correct wheels for the 91-93 year. The fronts are 17x9.5 (275/40-17) and rears are 17x11 (315/35-17). The 5 spoke are for 94-95 years. If you look at the picture closely, you can tell the difference in the regular c4 wheels by the depth of the space to the lug nuts.

Attachments

·
Screwed
13,889 Posts
Yup. 1990 got its own wheels, styled like the regular Vette but different sizes/offset....etx

91-93 got the LT1 style, but again different in the aspects of the wheel and 94/5 we're 5 spoke.

Car looks good. Going to hit the 1/4 mile with her?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Stock? How many miles? What are your plans? WHERE ARE THE PICS?
Where the smurf have you been?
Ughhhh career advancement at my full time job plus starting a new business (today is actually our first "live" day) and side work. I said I would kick ass in 2017 and I am, but I barely even have time to peruse forums now, let alone go out and actually interact with humans.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I may, but not for awhile. These vettes are not known for their 1/4 miles times but for their road racing and top end endurance. If I want 1/4 fun, then I'll just use the GTO.

·
Seriously?
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Nice find on that Z... As an update to this thread, I got that job I wanted so now I have to play the waiting game to get to top scale. Regardless of money, I need more space. Hopefully prices will remain good.

101 - 115 of 115 Posts