LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you guys think about these rims? I was thinking about 19's on all four corners...

http://www.mhtwheels.com/wheel.cfm?brand=4&cat=43

I saw these on a GTO at the dealerships on the showroom floor and was impressed by them, wanted to get some second opinions!

[EDIT] ... I just realized there is a rims and tires forum... sorry about the mispost!

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
I'm not personally fond of wheels that have spokes getting smaller to the outside of the wheel. I like the spokes to stay the same size or get wider. Getting narrower just doesn't look right to me.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
they look pretty cool. one of the more tasteful rims i have seen for the GTO. it would be helpful to seem them photoshopped on.

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
Did they have a price... and what is the offset?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huntress said:
Did they have a price... and what is the offset?
Not sure what the price of the rims is. The dealership was asking $3800 for the rims and tires. They we're willing to budge on that price though. So they're not cheap rims, but they looked really good. I can drive down there after work with the digital camera and snap a couple pictures of the car though. It's only a couple blocks from my house. The car drives really nice with those rims too. No where near as harsh as I expected it to be with so little rubber.

[EDIT] - The showroom GTO that has these rims is black on black with 19 inch rims on the front and 20's on the back.

·
2,137 Posts
Just make sure you read up on the wheel section here... offset and need to roll the fenders are serious issues for this car. Compatible wheels are not easy to come by, but improving day to day.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Huntress said:
Just make sure you read up on the wheel section here... offset and need to roll the fenders are serious issues for this car. Compatible wheels are not easy to come by, but improving day to day.
Well, I drove the car that had the rims on it pretty hard. There didn't appear to be any fitment issues at all. The fenders we're not rolled. It had the stock width tires on the rims. Here is the tire info that I got from the salesman:

front: Nitto Extreme ZR NT 555 245/35ZR19
rear: Nitto Extreme ZR NT 555 245/35ZR20 95W
Rims are MHT Speedsters.

That is a quote from the e-mail I got from him inquiring about the rims. I don't know what the 95W is after the rear tires, but he didn't seem to know much about them. He just read what was on the rims and tires. I don't know what the offset is on them. I guess I could find that out as well though. The car is at Simpson Pontiac in Buena Park, CA if anybody wants to ask questions.

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
I'm sort of wondering how a set of those new forged Cragar SS wheels would look on my GTO - if they were to decide to make them to fit it...

My biggest problem with these wheels (and modular or "modular-look" wheels in general) are all the little bolt-heads, whether real or cosmetic. Looks like a cleaning headache to me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
2,137 Posts
The only problem is what bolt pattern and offset are these... why isn't that listed?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Huntress said:
The only problem is what bolt pattern and offset are these... why isn't that listed?
To be honest, I'm not sure. That was just the first place I found while doing a google search for the rims. Perhaps they only come in one offset/bolt pattern? That doesn't make a lot of sense, but it's a possibility I guess. I'll call the sales manager and see what offset they have on their GTO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts