LS1GTO.com Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all think about adding a moon roof to your GTO? Any talk of a convertible some time in the future?

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
Personally, I'm not into moon/sun roofs. I have a convertible now and it's nice SOMETIMES. I actually prefer the reduced weight and increased structural rigidity of a coupe. The convertible was fun but I think I'm sticking with a coupe w/o a hole in the roof. Just my humble opinion. I know my girlfriend wouldn't buy a car without a sunroof. To each his/her own.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was talking to my dealer about after-market modifications and he urged me not to do anything drastic if I planned to sell the car down the road. Even recommeded keeping the stock hood if I put one on with hood scoops. I guess that brings up another question: Will this GTO has a high resale value in about 20-30 years?

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
Fish, your salesman is giving you good advice. Moding is a double edged sword. On one hand you can improve the value of your car. On the other, it makes it harder to sell because it's not stock and you have to find the "right" buyer. That's what I'm dealing with on my current car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
davbo, do you find that your mustang has a rough ride? It seems like most Fords I've ridden in have this trait. What kind of time can you get in the 1/4 mile?

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
No, it doesn't run or ride rough but I have had a starting problem ever since I installed the supercharger. I haven't had it out to the track to get a good 1/4 mile time. However, seat of the pants says it's slightly faster than my 1996 Z28 with cold air induction. That car had the LT1.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Anytime you start cutting into the roof you are looking for problems. That roof is part of a structural cage. Then you run into sealing it. It just never is done as well aftermarket no matter how they may claim how well they can seal it.

I love moonroofs and am disappointed Pontiac didn't have this as an option, but I don't love it enough to cut into my roof for an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does anyone know if the GTO has an overhead console similar to what the Grand Prix has? Since there's no moon roof there is plenty of room to put one.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Suprfun said:
Does anyone know if the GTO has an overhead console similar to what the Grand Prix has? Since there's no moon roof there is plenty of room to put one.
Actually the local newspaper mentioned there not being a lot of head room, and that a moon roof would have made this worse. Now, I didn't get the feel of low headroom when I sat in the car, but I'm 5'8" - so I don't usually have that problem.

Now, I got the factory moon roof in my Saturn, and it's like 'been there / done that'. It's kind of cool, but I wish I would have gotten the AC / power package instead. That being said, I'm not gutsy enough to cut on the roof of a car I own - especially one that has some potential of maintaining future resale value.

·
Natural Respiratory Pause
1,466 Posts
Plently of people have done this. Look for the Monaro part number, its been posted over and over again.

Brah

·
yet to begin...
351 Posts
hahaha epic thread ressurection for such a retarded reason

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.