LS1GTO Forums banner

What gains can i expect?...

864 views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  gohip2000 
#1 ·
from the K&N aricharger, Longtube headers with the stock catback( i don't want the car too loud) and a good tune with hp tuners? i would like to see 350 at the wheels

#7 ·
Yellow Jacket M6 said:
You'll be at 350 at the wheels with these mods, and maybe a little more,
espcially with a good tune.

KN 10hp
LT headers 30-35hp
catback 10hp
tune ???????
You actually will likely see @ 330 at the wheels. That seems to be the avarage gain w/ LT's, CIA and tune without cats. A cat back may give you 4 or 5 more HP. These are avarage numbers. A few strong cars have dyno'd @341 with these same mods. Heads and cam can bring you into the 370+ range quickly.

#8 ·
JayStew said:
See Sig Below.

--------------
Jay, I thought you were in the 341 RWHP range? I was extreemly jealous of that number...

#10 ·
yepper, these things vary widely. I've seen mine at a low 280 and others at high 309 stock. Pontiac claims 285 RWHP if I remember correctly.

#11 ·
sxty8goats said:
Jay, I thought you were in the 341 RWHP range? I was extreemly jealous of that number...
With a cool engine(30 min cool down) I made 341/353. But I don't use it for showing off because it's not "Real World"

#12 ·
I never had the luxury of a cool down. Always pressed for time. My last run(shown as #11 on the chart) was #4 or #5 in a 40 minute time span. They made a few pulls as they tuned her..

337 w/ cats impresses me quite a bit.

#14 ·
i dont know if you guys saw it, but huntress posted a thread of her dyno results bone stock and her dyno results with just the K&N setup, she achived an average of 19.7 rear wheel horse on her dyno runs, i dont remember how many runs, but shes got the dyno to prove it...... i bought mine before i saw that, but it made me happier that i bought it, and i could tell there was a big difference just by how eaiser the tires break loose and smoke, with no changes in my driving habbits or road conditions.....but (and theres always a but) from what im reading, peoples cars are dynoing different so what she got might not be what you get.....

#15 ·
gotzaGTO said:
i dont know if you guys saw it, but huntress posted a thread of her dyno results bone stock and her dyno results with just the K&N setup, she achived an average of 19.7 rear wheel horse on her dyno runs, i dont remember how many runs, but shes got the dyno to prove it...... i bought mine before i saw that, but it made me happier that i bought it, and i could tell there was a big difference just by how eaiser the tires break loose and smoke, with no changes in my driving habbits or road conditions.....but (and theres always a but) from what im reading, peoples cars are dynoing different so what she got might not be what you get.....
Do you mean just the filter or the FIPK?

#17 ·
MrGoat said:
from the K&N aricharger, Longtube headers with the stock catback( i don't want the car too loud) and a good tune with hp tuners? i would like to see 350 at the wheels
What I'm getting is that you want to up your horsepower without making the engine louder. the only things I can think of are new cam, underdrive pulley, and dyno tuned. most other upgrades will effect sound. but there may be others, that's just what I can think of now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.