LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on putting in drag bags in a week or two. Considering the labor to do this, are there other items that I will have easy access to and should consider replacing at the same time while everything is apart? (bushings, coils, shocks) I'm looking for a good drag capable setup. Recommendations?

Thanks!

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
Drag bags are pretty much the easiest suspension mod you can do. If you are interested in putting in a sway bar and bushings you may want to do the whole shebang in one shot but to be honest the sway bar and bushings won't do much for drag only application. In the twisties though :thumbs:

·
What the....
2,590 Posts
That's all you need to stop the wheel hop. Now I also threw in some King springs to help stop the squatting rearend. I hated that.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bnvus said:
That's all you need to stop the wheel hop. Now I also threw in some King springs to help stop the squatting rearend. I hated that.
Did they affect the overall drive & feel of the car?

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
My stock height king springs are a bit stiffer (I think they are listed as 40% stiffer) so the ride has definitely firmed up. Not bone jarring tooth rattling but its noticeable.

·
Custom User Title
1,828 Posts
radkon said:
My stock height king springs are a bit stiffer (I think they are listed as 40% stiffer) so the ride has definitely firmed up. Not bone jarring tooth rattling but its noticeable.
Which Stock height springs do u have. I read that the Kings lift the rear a bit?

Regards,

Rian

·
What the....
2,590 Posts
The ride is definitely stiffer, but not unbearable. The stock height King springs do give you an additional 1/4" clearance. Add the drag bags and that is another additional 1/4". This allowed me to step up tire size (275/35) when I bought my 19" AZA. Car definitely has a raked look.

[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

·
What??? Next!!!
50 Posts
:stickpoke Installing drag bags doesn't eliminate wheel hop! It can reduce it , once you get the pressure dialed. Drag Radials will potentially reduce it some more. The next thing is better/more secure mounting of the center section to keep it from moving around, and that will help minimize those bad movements that contribute to wheel hop. Just been my experience with my M6. It's my understanding that the A4's are kinder to the driveline:gears:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Braz'in06 said:
:stickpoke Installing drag bags doesn't eliminate wheel hop! It can reduce it , once you get the pressure dialed. Drag Radials will potentially reduce it some more. The next thing is better/more secure mounting of the center section to keep it from moving around, and that will help minimize those bad movements that contribute to wheel hop. Just been my experience with my M6. It's my understanding that the A4's are kinder to the driveline:gears:

It cured my hop....but I have to keep the pressure above 14lbs it also stopped that ugly squatting rear end, and it raised the rear about an inch at 10lbs and almost 2 inches at 16lbs...a much better look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts