LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
In 12's Soon 11's Than 10's
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have made my choice the STS Turbo. What do I needed with the STS Turbo?

STS Turbo Parts:

STS Turbo: $4,995
Garrett Turbo
TAIL Wastgate
K&N Air filter and Outerwears Drycharger
Turbo Oiling System
HPC coated intake tubing
HPC coated exhaust tubing
Electrical harness
Silicone connector, clamps and fitting
Return oil cap
1 year limited parts warranty
Pontiac GTO system now Include a free snorkel Kit
Air filter shield

STS Turbo Intercooler:

Intercooler $995

Can I just run this stuff or do I need more parts?

·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just need to know what I need to run the STS Turbo. I will upgrade later.

·
GTO...Austalian for Pontiac!
1,527 Posts
The point that he was trying to make is that a 60mm turbo is too small for the LS2, so instead of buying a second turbo outright, upgrade on the front side. Otherwise there is plenty of info around here, starting with my thread from last summer when I first adapted an STS kit to a 2005 car.

·
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much is a GT67?

If I put that on a Stock 05 GTO motor what do I need for it.

Stock 05 GTO Motor+STS Turbo+GT67

Do I need anything like 42# injectors or a Fuel pump ect... that doesn't come with STS Turbo.

·
Sold August 10 2007
2,593 Posts
Considering the power levels you can achieve you will certainly have to upgrade fuel system. There are a number of ways to do it. Certainly you will need injectors and fuel pump at a minimum. To that I added KB boost a pump and alkycontrol and run comfortably at 537. Without alky I would have upgraded to 60lb injectors. Sorry I don't have an STS system but fueling and power are directly related no matter the method of achieving them.

I eventually will upgrade the fuel system again with a return style system with an external sump and pump, bigger fuel rails and 60lb injectors but that is about 2K or more all by itself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you download the STS pricelist you will see that you should also get the diablosport tune and the injectors to complete the kit. otherwise you just have the "tuner" version of the kit which stills needs a dynotune and upgraded injectors.

·
Registered
35 Posts
They do have a web site that answers all these questions. I'd post it but I dont know if i can since they aren't a sponsor.

Shawn

·
Will the car ever run?
3,335 Posts
Ok I see alot of threads on here about this STS kit...

First and for most. Do not upgraded the turbo because you can get the turbo elsewhere for a hell of alot cheaper. Second do a search on STS intercooler I along with another member are doing are own build that is costing a max of $300.00 with top qaulity parts. And I also have a diablosport tune that has some sts programs on it that I am willing to let go for alot lower then what sts is offering them at.

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
1INSANEGTO said:
Ok I see alot of threads on here about this STS kit...

First and for most. Do not upgraded the turbo because you can get the turbo elsewhere for a hell of alot cheaper. Second do a search on STS intercooler I along with another member are doing are own build that is costing a max of $300.00 with top qaulity parts. And I also have a diablosport tune that has some sts programs on it that I am willing to let go for alot lower then what sts is offering them at.
The turbo upgrade from STS is only like $400.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts