LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am not having good results with a "cheaper" brand wax i had been using. i tried sealants but they just don't have that gleam of a fresh carnauba job. any help would be appreciated. i don't care how much $ it is as long as it performs.thx

·
Registered
217 Posts
If your Goat is a daily driver, I recommend Zymol Destiny. It's relatively easy to apply and will probably last a month per application, but it is not cheap. I've seen it on the net for $450 shipped for a 6 or 8oz. container. If you've got a garage queen and want the best show car glaze get the Zymol Vintage, but I think it is around $1800 for a small container but will be the last wax you'll ever buy as it is a lifetime supply. The real deal Carnuba is not cheap stuff..

-MM

·
Under Construction
731 Posts
I use Zymol concours glaze. it's like $165 if you getting a deal on it. But there carbon and Cream waxes are great too.

·
Registered
276 Posts
damn $1800! That doesn't seem too bad if you are young and waxed every week.

If you used it for 30 years it only comes down to $5 a month. And if it is one of the great carnaubas out there, it is a great deal for someone with the money. In 30 years with inflation and crap all cheap wax's might be around $30+ or so a tub. Just something to think about :)

·
Porch Dick
20,343 Posts

·
baaaaahhh
269 Posts
Caranuba melts in extremely hot temperatures. If you live in a hot climate (like me in Miami) where there is a lot of sun shining...I heard that caranuba will degrade rather quickly..so it's better to go with a synthetic polish. I have been using Mothers radiance polish and it is amazing...quick on and off and smells great.

·
GOT Boost???
253 Posts
I don't buy the Caranuba melting theory. Ever have the stuff dry up in a crevase before? Park out in the hot summer and just try to remove it. It's like a rock.
BTW I've never noticed any Carnuba wax provide any better (Shine) at any price. The true shine comes from the Prep work before the wax goes on. Using quality cleaners and polishes give your car the shine and the wax gives it the protection.

I use the following products applied with a porter cable 7424

i1)Meguiars Deep Crystal Car Wash
2)Meguiars Clay Bar
3)Meguiars Cleaner wax
4)Meguiars Show Car Glaze #7
5)Show Hi-Tech Yellow Wax #26

·
Too Fast
608 Posts
blueford said:
i am not having good results with a "cheaper" brand wax i had been using. i tried sealants but they just don't have that gleam of a fresh carnauba job. any help would be appreciated. i don't care how much $ it is as long as it performs.thx
i can't believe that the first reply didn't say "Zaino!" this is the best stuff on earth. www.zainobros.com.

amazing stuff. oh, and this ain't carnuba.

·
Registered
276 Posts
zaino is very good but there are better stuff... even if only marginally better. but most of it is 50x the price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thx Bucmiester

from what i can see, the shine on your ride looks fantastic. i will be getting a porter-cable shortly. would like to see more pics of your ride.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts