LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
My other car has wings
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my GTO about 14 months ago this extra FOB was on the key ring with the standard OEM key FOB. It has no name or buttons on it, only some FCC numbers. I popped it open and it does have a 2032 battery in it. I've had it stashed in my glove box all this time but never knew what it does, funny thing is the previous owner has no clue either! Any ideas?
20191106_221654.jpg

·
My other car has wings
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, not mentioned in the owners manual.........

·
My other car has wings
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very observant! Just a sandwich. It was the nearest white background I could find.

·
My other car has wings
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like a LoJack fob.
If the account is still active, keep a good battery in it and the fob WITH the car while driving, or you may be getting pulled over for a stolen vehicle.
Great Call! I did a quick search on the internet and it looks exactly like a LoJack fob. Now I need to figure out if its active or where the car signal transmitter is.

·
My other car has wings
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great Call! I did a quick search on the internet and it looks exactly like a LoJack fob. Now I need to figure out if its active or where the car signal transmitter is.
Many Thanks HOCKEYMAN! Just got off the phone with the LoJack folks. My GTO does indeed have a LoJack system in it. It was installed shortly after original owner purchased the car. When he sold it he de-registered it. The second owner either forgot about it or the original owner never told him so he never told me when I bought it from him. I had LoJack re-register the car in my name. So I am about to test drive it without the LoJack FOB to see if it sends me a TEXT and Email alert. Totally cool!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts