The mods will be as soon as a few come in:

JBA coated shorties
RT highflow cats
Corsa Sport catback
LPE 160deg t-stat
LPE intake
MSD wires
NGK copper plugs

Do you think a professional tune will do me any justice? Or will a hand held programmer suit me better with some general guidance. Or will the obd2 system adjust well enough to prevent a rich or lean situation?

Thanks guys

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
a hand held programmer like the predator seems to be only good for mods like cat back and intake.
if you are gonna do headers, it is probably worht your while to get the custom tune.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
LiqTenExp said:
Hey,

The mods will be as soon as a few come in:

JBA coated shorties
RT highflow cats
Corsa Sport catback
LPE 160deg t-stat
LPE intake
MSD wires
NGK copper plugs

Do you think a professional tune will do me any justice? Or will a hand held programmer suit me better with some general guidance. Or will the obd2 system adjust well enough to prevent a rich or lean situation?

Thanks guys
I would definitely get a custom tune.......plus it is about the same price as the predator or any other tuner.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i just wonder if I should add anything else to the list before I get it done to make it worth wild. besides a cam or set of heads, anything else you would expect to be on it?

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
LiqTenExp said:
yeah, i just wonder if I should add anything else to the list before I get it done to make it worth wild. besides a cam or set of heads, anything else you would expect to be on it?
I think with that list a good tuner can help you out......plus I know here I paid for my first tune about $400 and I can go back after more mods and get more tuning at a much cheaper price. I think most tuners should offer some kind of update tuning at a discount.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got one response over at ls1.com that said you probably won't gain too much from a tune, but I might run rich at wot with the headers. 400-500 dollars is alot if its not going to do much.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
LiqTenExp said:
I got one response over at ls1.com that said you probably won't gain too much from a tune, but I might run rich at wot with the headers. 400-500 dollars is alot if its not going to do much.
well if you do a head and cams then a good tune is absolutely ESSENTIAL.
if you are just doing intake, catback, headers, etc. the a tune will just optimize those mods. but i would still consider it. im guessing that you would get any where between another 5-20hp from a really good tune.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts