LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of "tire shine" is anyone else using? I tired that "Armor All Extreme Tire Shine" but I don't like it. The instructions say, "Do not wipe. All runs and drips will disappear."

Bologna.

I've tried wiping it but it never seems to dry. Ever. I'm not using a lot either. Anyway, what do you guys (and gals) use for tire care?

·
Disaster
339 Posts
I have always liked to use "Black Magic: Tire Wet Foam" Has always treated me well. Lasts for a while too.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Same as Razr, just not in foam. A regular thick spray that has the nice cherry smell to it. :D

I have a pretty well soaked sponge to spread it. I then let it sit for a day or two before driving as it'll sploch all all over the paint from tire rotation.

I used to used those tire swipes but they fall apart too easily.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
I use Meguiers Tire shine.
Comes with sponge and smells good too.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I'm getting white walls, so it doesn't matter. :drink: :drink: :drink:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Meguires Aerosol is unbeatable. No need to wipe excess off, and dust does NOT stick to it because they don't get greasy.
I love the stuff!

·
Si vis pacem, paro bellum
761 Posts
i think it is called mequiar's hot tire shine. it's the aerosol can like mentioned above. it works great and doesn't need to be wiped off. sprayed my tires with it sunday and it has rained 3 times since then and they still look like they did right after i sprayed them.
mike

·
LS1 Enthusiast!
154 Posts
Hollywood said:
i think it is called mequiar's hot tire shine. it's the aerosol can like mentioned above. it works great and doesn't need to be wiped off. sprayed my tires with it sunday and it has rained 3 times since then and they still look like they did right after i sprayed them.
mike

Ditto on the meguiars!

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
I've heard that copious amounts of burnouts make them shine, but I'm still working on verifying it...
Dan

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
ColoradoGoat said:
The Wide White Walls that were popular in the 50's I would presume. :)
Yer damn skippy. Down to da groun.
I might have to spend a little time in Photoshop to do the evil deed. Anyone remember the "add on" whitewalls that were held in place with the hubcaps?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
mistermike said:
I might have to spend a little time in Photoshop to do the evil deed. Anyone remember the "add on" whitewalls that were held in place with the hubcaps?
You mean the ones that were never quite symetric when the cars was going down the street and everyone laughed at them? Nope I don't remember.
:drink: :drink:

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Tails said:
You mean the ones that were never quite symetric when the cars was going down the street and everyone laughed at them? Nope I don't remember.
:drink: :drink:
Yeah, those. I don't remember them either. :drink:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I use Turtle Wax Tire Wax and it works very good, IMO better than the Meguires gel (the purpleish one that smells like grape) it leaves the tires feeling like glass, no oily residue and it really does NOT spin off (when i used Meguires it spined off a little)
(the only problem is that sometimes it is hard to find)

·
Comp Eliminator Goat Driver
2,345 Posts
mistermike said:
Yes I remember those. But wait, am I dating myself here?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Tutle Wax Tire Wax-Apply with a sponge. Lasts a long time and does'nt spin off.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It has been a week since I applied the Armor All Extreme Tire Shine. Thursday night, I took each wheel off the car and scrubbed the tires. I did NOT reapply Tire Shine. During last night's cruise, I did not notice the "black stuff" on the sides of the car and the tires look black but not "shining", which is OK with me.

My guess is that I over-applied the Tire Shine. Looks like "just a dab will do ya."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts