LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As do most GTO owners, I have wheel l hop. I installed Drag bags, Koni adjustable shocks and BMR urathane cradle bushings. I have tried air pressures on the bags between 5-18 PSI and low to max on the shocks. The best I can get things is a good launch with no hop but 2nd, 3rd and 4th, I get hop. @ 18PSI, it feels like there are no springs. I'm not interested in any drag racing, I just want to be able to go through the gears with no hop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Karl

·
Omnicidal maniac
1,311 Posts
After trying all of those, I guess the one big item left is a one piece driveshaft. The rubber couplers aren't weak, as some would have you believe, but they can contribute a little to wheelhop. I'm really surprised that you have hop with the bags and konis, however.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
Besides the driveshaft, you may also need the diff support bushing. If you are running hi hp, then also i would recommend the harrop cover

mike
dms

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
What about the stock springs? I know the bags help. The stock springs are just weak.

·
Registered
276 Posts
dms said:
Besides the driveshaft, you may also need the diff support bushing. If you are running hi hp, then also i would recommend the harrop cover

mike
dms

Mike,

When installing the Harrop diff cover do you need to do a rear cradle alignment?

Sorry if I hijacked................

1 - 5 of 5 Posts