LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a list of what bolt-on parts from the F-body and corvette that will carry over to the GTO?

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
The only thing that will need to be done will packaging specific stuff like intakes, exhausts, etc. Otherwise, all engine "bolt-ons" could be swapped.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which style of MAF is the GTO using the 3 pin LS1 or the 5 pin LS6/Truck style with the built in intake air temp sensor?

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I would imagine the later.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
stormguy03 said:
Sorry for taking awhile to respond, been busy. Yeah, everytime I install that Granatelli MAF on a engine I notice a increase in hp, not huge diff, but definately improved airflow and torque. Also installed a K&N filter that fits 97-04 Monaros/Commodores Part# 33-2116. And K&N olil filter part# is HP-1007, same that fits FBody LS1's.

Next mod is throttlebody. Got a system installed last week. They used a dash kit that fits 02 Nissan Maxima.. had to trim the sides off alot, but looks fine till someone comes out with a real kit.

Robin ;)

How did the K&N fit? Was it tight or loose? Just drop in?

What MAF part number did you use?

Thanks

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
As mentioned alot of the regular LS1 parts will carry over to the GTO. We're just waiting for vehicle specific parts like inductions, headers, exhaust and superchargers. Some manufacturers are working on these now so you'll start seeing good stuff available soon!

This car uses the "old style" MAF so we have ported ends with no screen that can replace the stock -

. These are usually good for about 6-8hp plus they look pretty good when you open the hood.

Tom

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
tbyrne said:
As mentioned alot of the regular LS1 parts will carry over to the GTO. We're just waiting for vehicle specific parts like inductions, headers, exhaust and superchargers. Some manufacturers are working on these now so you'll start seeing good stuff available soon!

This car uses the "old style" MAF so we have ported ends with no screen that can replace the stock -

. These are usually good for about 6-8hp plus they look pretty good when you open the hood.

Tom

What if we want a MAF with a screen?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Descreening my stock MAF ran better than my SLP aftermarket MAF (by 0.2 at the track)... food for thought... but that was an M6.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You sure can, just be careful not to damage it while it is out. Just undo the 4 bolts that hold the MAF ends on and pop the screen out - bolt it back together and go!

·
Wanna Take A Ride?
180 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice job on the stereo!!! Gotta love the thump of a 10W6!!! Taillights look cool, I have seen pics of a Monaro with those recently. Just one question - Are they DOT aproved?

·
Wanna Take A Ride?
180 Posts
Tails said:
Yeah I know.. Why? I just like black taillights.. I know they have a touch of rice (the little bit of chome), but atleast I didn't get the FULL chrome ones.. don't like that! Most all of my vehicles have had either blk tails, or covers.. (Of course they've all been black, so it looks good to me) like my SS and GTI I had (it had smoked Hellas).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
13 Participants
Lumina ss
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing